100% identical with correct answer required?

Screen Link:
https://app.dataquest.io/m/147/improving-plot-aesthetics/8/comparing-gender-gap-across-degree-categories

My Code:

#Add your code here.
    for key,spine in ax.spines.items():
        spine.set_visible(False)
    ax.set_xlim(1968, 2011)
    ax.set_ylim(0,100)
    ax.set_title(major_cats[sp])
    ax.tick_params(bottom="off", top="off", left="off", right="off")

What I expected to happen:
Correct plots show up and get marked as complete

What actually happened:
Correct plots showed up but warned as “Your 1st plot does not match what we expected”

This phenomenon already happened for a few times during previous missions.

Based on the given correct answer, it seems like the answer checking logic expects me to start from the very beginning by copying the pre-coded section and complete the rest, keeping the overlapped “pre-coded” part on the top of the window.

At first, with the error message, I thought I coded wrong, so I compared my coding with the correct answer line by line. However, it seems I am right, and the system simply wants me to be 100% identical with the given answer.

Please help, or kindly confirm if I should always start from the very beginning, rather than following the “#Add your code here” instruction. It is weird that I have to copy the correct answer to the window to get a proper progress marking, even if I coded correctly but in my own way.

Thanks a lot.

Hello @bhw2690, welcome to the community!

Please avoid posting screenshots of your code. Prefer to paste and format the code in markdown as per these guidelines. When you do this, you make it easier for people to run your code to reproduce your results and help you.

1 Like

Apologies, Otavios.

Just wanted to provide more descriptive evidence. I have edited my post and removed the screenshot from the request.

Please kindly check out the issue.

Thank you.

No problem.

I don’t see any problems in your code. Apparently there have been some issues with plotting missions. I’m tagging @Sahil as he’ll be able to provide further information.

Also, Sahil, I think there’s an issue with the answer provided in this screen as it seems to be duplicated.

1 Like

Hi @otavios.s,

Thank you for letting me know about the repeated code issue. I will get it logged. However, the issue with the plotting missions has not been fixed yet.

@bhw2690 I will reply to this post when it’s fixed.

Best,
Sahil

1 Like

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue for missions 147 and 148 by commenting out the initial codes in the solution. If you are experiencing this issue in any other missions, let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Sahil

1 Like