2nd Guided Project Completed: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Hi there, here’s my completed 2nd guided project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets. Open to feedback :slight_smile: Thanks!

Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb (222.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

@zlayaoen amazing :star_struck: for a second project. I really liked it. You had a great intro and great conclusion. Logical headings and appropriate contexts for each section are very professional.

I also liked how you went for apps that are within a niche of an already niche market.

Below are a few pointers that I have. (Click on the arrow bullet points for the details)

Presentation Style
  • Once you feel you are done with the project, re-run the entire project so that the cells start from [1]. This makes it easier for reviewers like me to refer to cells and also reduces the confusion. Also, all cells become contiguous.
Coding Style
  • I would encourage the use of comments in your code. A simple “#” followed by what you did in that bit of code would go a long way when you plan to revisit this code, if you choose to re-do the same once you have gained more knowledge.
  • You may not have learned this function but you could use it to round your numerical output to make the look more cleaner. e.g. Cell[253] you could set this bit of code to
ave_n_ratings = total / len_genre
    print(genre, ":", ave_n_ratings.round(2)]) #Rounds output to 2 decimal places
Bugs/Inaccuracies
  • I have not gone to in-depth in the code as I feel, you have done mostly what has been given as per the instructions
Miscellaneous
  • Once you have got a hold on visualizations. I recommend that you re-do this project and add a couple of visualizations. They add a lot more value to your analysis

You have done a great job. Keep up the pace :rocket:, and you’ll be on top soon :100:

1 Like