Going fast! #DataquestChallenge Premium Annual Offer:
500 get 50% & the next 1000 get 40% off.
GET OFFER CODE

2nd Guided Project: Heavy Traffic on I-94W

Hi everyone,
I am sharing my second (public) guided project here - an analysis of traffic patterns on I-94W between Minneapolis and St. Paul. I really enjoyed the visual aspect of this project, particularly seeing the evolution of traffic histograms hour-by-hour in the middle of the project.

I am open to any and all feedback. I received some excellent feedback on my first project, and I would love to continue incorporating community feedback moving forward!

Link to last page of guided project instructions

4_HeavyTrafficI94.ipynb (877.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @chefpaul92

Thank you for submitting this project. I haven’t done this project myself and now I can’t wait to try this one out!

Since I haven’t attempted the project, it was interesting to go through the context and read the workflow which was smooth, simple to understand and elegant. :+1: I did not need to know what was asked by DQ to be done for this project.

Out of curiosity:

• have you tried working with matplotlib styles module for the plots?
  • you have prior experience or are currently working in the Data Analytics/ Science field or in the process of transition? (that is if you don’t mind me asking)

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi @Rucha,

Thanks! I tried using some of the matplotlib styles earlier on in the project and ran into some confusing errors, so I settled on using the sns.set_theme(style='whitegrid') style, which I felt was adequate for a first pass. I am working on the ‘Storytelling, Data Visualization, and Information Design’ course now, where I learned all about the object oriented nature of matplotlib, so I might go back and make some changes to the plots in the future.

I do not have any experience in the Data Analytics or Data Science field, but I do have a reasonable background in coding. I am an engineering graduate student, and I am hoping that I will be able to apply some of this to my research and/or a career moving forward!

Incidentally, I found a few mistakes in my notebook looking over it again. Here’s an updated version.
Thanks again!
4_HeavyTrafficI94(2).ipynb (952.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like