348-7 Guided Project help

Clean And Analyze Employee Exit Surveys.ipynb (125.1 KB)

Hello, need some help about my guided project. I’m almost in the last section of the guided project mission. I viewed the solution to compare to my code. Because when I arrived in my output 44, it seemed not right. There is a comment in my last cell about my situation.

Here’s the solution for this guided project. https://github.com/dataquestio/solutions/blob/master/Mission348Solutions.ipynb

What section of my code is wrong that I didn’t have factors(columns like institute service, gender, age, etc) greater than 500 from the output 54 of the solution?

Thanks for the help.

I think the problem happened in the cell with your update_vals() function (I think it’s 38). I ran the code up to that cell and examined tafe_registrations and there are 23 columns. After I ran the cell, I examined tafe_registrations again and there were only 2 columns left ('Contributing Factors. Dissatisfaction' and 'Contributing Factors. Job Dissatisfaction').

I think this is the part causing the trouble:
tafe_resignations = tafe_resignations[tafe_factors].applymap(update_vals)

If I understand correctly, you’re overwriting the dataframe to have just these 2 columns while applying the function.

I hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your help. You’re correct. So, the solution for that line is tafe_resignations[tafe_factors] = tafe_resignations[tafe_factors].applymap(update_vals).