(A New Visualization technique!) Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94

As we all knew during our learning paths, scatter plots are essential to visualize correlation between different variables.
However, have you ever produced a scatter plot that is too dense that you can’t visually conclude anything from it? I know you have.

In this notebook I used an interesting technique I learned from a kaggle notebook that utilizes the alpha parameter of the plots. The alpha parameter simply changes the weight of the markers on the plot making it more clear to see where the plot is actually more dense.

I encourage you to take a look at the visualization I produced in this notebook at cell[23].
Here is how it looks like :wink: Go ahead and check how it was created. You will be surprised by how simple it is.

Waiting for your feedbacks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

https://app.dataquest.io/m/524/guided-project%3A-finding-heavy-traffic-indicators-on-i-94/10/next-steps

Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94.ipynb (278.2 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi Youssef,

Thanks for sharing another cool project with the Community! Great structure, interesting storytelling including introduction and conclusion, curious observations, good emphasizing around the project, clean code, good idea to include a picture. And definitely, this animation is an amazing feature to use with dense scatter plot, and it’s really rather simple to create! Thanks a lot for discovering and sharing it! :+1:

Some suggestions from my side:

• The adjacent code cells without any output or markdown between them can be united, like [1]-[3], [10]-[11].
  • It’s better to remove unnecessary spines from the plots.
  • You might consider increasing the font size of plot titles.

Great job your project! Good luck with your future ones! :star_struck:

1 Like