Am I using Jupyter Notebook correctly

Hi all,

I’m working on my first guided project, and this is my first time using Jupyter Notebook.

Could someone who is experienced check to see that I’m using the Jupyter Notebook correctly? Am I laying out the coding as it should be, etc?

I’ve attached my notebook.

Regards,
L.

Basics (1).ipynb (6.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello @friendl74, you are doing a great job.

You need to learn Markdown, for your first cell you could use a markdown heading. I hope you did this mission Learn and Install Jupyter Notebook

https://app.dataquest.io/m/349/project%3A-learn-and-install-jupyter-notebook/7/text-and-markdown-cells

1 Like

But I have used a markdown heading.
Did you look properly at my notebook?

Victor is referring to using markdown headings to slightly better format your text so that you can indicate different sections of the Notebook as you see fit.

If you are unfamiliar with Markdown syntax, you can refer to this resource.

So, instead of

Title: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

You can have

Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

and then instead of

Introduction: To analyse the number of users who use our apps, and what apps attract the most users on Google Play and App Store.

you can have -

Introduction

To analyse the number of users who use our apps, and what apps attract the most users on Google Play and App Store.

Just so that it is better to read and structured properly as well.

Other than that there is nothing really “incorrect” about using Jupyter Notebooks here as long as you maintain a sequential order to your code cells so that it is clear in what order to run them.

Couple of minor suggestions, in general -

• Try to have import statements at the beginning of the Notebook, all of them in one cell instead of spreading them out. Usually, that’s the convention that’s followed.

• You can add more sections/headings/sub-headings based on how you wish to structure it. As you work on more and more projects, what kind of structure to have will become clearer to you as well. So, don’t worry too much about this now.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

Good tips! I will remember.

L.

1 Like