Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Hey everyone,

I recently introduced a new iteration of Community Champions program. Now, we are recognizing learners who

• share noteworthy Guided Projects,
  • do helpful Guided Project reviews,
  • share their personal projects
  • write articles for Dataquest Direct
  • receive lots of likes from the community

With this, we hope to inspire all learners in our Community to engage in such activities.

Engaging in such activities is not only helpful to the community, it is helpful to you on your learning journey as well!

Here are our Community Champions for this week :tada: :

Noteable Guided Project sharers:

Noteable Guided Project reviewers:

This week I want to call out @artur.sannikov96 and @prasadkalyan05 for reviewing their peers’ projects. They some really helpful and constructive feedback.

Most liked:

• @loicchamplong shared a really exciting job update that our Community just loved! What makes Loic’s announcement all the more exciting is the fact that he is another proof of someone who was able to successfully switch careers! Check out Loic’s inspiring, short story of hardwork and perseverance.

• @masterryan.prof has been solving learners questions and helping them get unstuck as they learn. Our Community really appreciates Ryan’s kindness and sends lots of love! :heart:

Personal Project sharers:

Awesome work, Champions! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am so glad to reward each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

13 Likes

I am so happy to receive this badge! Thank you @nityesh & DQ community :blush:

6 Likes

Congratulations to you all :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :confetti_ball:

Personal Project sharers:

• @monorienaghogho created an interesting project - Matrix Calculator without Numpy - to explore how matrix operations happen under the hood of libraries like Numpy.

• @Malgorzata shared another interesting project that does exploratory data analysis of stock prices of German companies. Check it out in our Community here.

Writers:

Here’s an excerpt:

In my entry level data analysis job search I have found out that there are companies providing interesting solutions including metadata repositories. I am convinced that everyone new in data should be interested the topic.

In today’s world we are surrounded by masses of data. The companies who can manage their databases efficiently are those gaining the competitive advantage. But what if I tell you that just ‘data’ is not enough and data about data makes real sense?

Do check it out!

@jithins123 and @Elena_Kosourova did a great job of providing specific, actionable and constructive feedback to the learners who shared their Guided Projects last week. Thank you both for being so generous with your time! :slight_smile:

Most liked:

@masterryan.prof and @the_doctor have been very helpful to learners in our Community. In return, the Community showered them with :heart:'s!

So, Champions, could you share what you learnt by engaging in the activities mentioned above?

Please share your thoughts by replying below! :smile:

Each of you will get:

10 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for this wonderful news. In fact I’m quite surprised to make it to the list. Glad to know that my guided project reviews were found to be useful. This appreciation will make me want to do the reviews even better.

Congratulations to other Community champions too. This community is really awesome.

8 Likes

Helping others helps me recall, reinforce and sometimes relearn my existing knowledge, which is important, especially the fundamentals as I attempt to improve myself by teaching and become a better Data Scientist. I was surprised that I would get nominated for this in two consecutive weeks–this keeps me motivated to continue helping others and be active in engaging the community! Thanks to @nityesh, @Sahil and all of you in the community who are giving me the opportunity to serve you guys!

10 Likes

Hey @masterryan.prof

You are the Champ! :grin: I really love the way you solve the problems and share knowledge in the community.

Cheers for your achievement :tada:

Best
K!

7 Likes

@nityesh and DataQuest, thank you!

I was wondering what it was like to be a Community Champion.

It feels great!

7 Likes

Thanks! To you and my fellow learning assistants–keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Thank you, I am really happy and will be soon busy with another project and article :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow, what a great news! :heart_eyes:
Thank you @nityesh, I am really pleased to hear that my feedbacks were useful. And in general, I am very happy to use the Dataquest platform, where everything is so well-organized, clearly explained and coherent :star_struck:

5 Likes

Wow, thank you!!! I am very glad to be in such a good company, I hope more people could learn from my project as I learned from the project of excellent community members.

7 Likes

This is great news @nityesh! Thank you so much for recognizing my project!

I’ve been busy this past week that I forgot to check the Community! And it’s so great to be greeted by this :grin: I really appreciate it since it helps serve as an impulse for me to keep learning. It can get difficult to learn at one’s own pace and knowing that there’s a community like this greatly helps!

Congratulations as well to the other Community Champions! :smiley:

7 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :rocket:

• @carologira8 shared a Guided Project - Exploring EBay Car Sales. It stands out because of the extra effort that Carol put in to make it better. I’m glad you found the community discussions helpful in your learning, Carol! :relaxed:

• @eas-sea shared a Guided Project on Finding the Best Markets to Advertise In. Erik has done an excellent job of describing the analysis and its final result in a way that’s easy to follow. It’s so exciting to read how you’re getting the hang of doing these projects, Eric! :wink:

• @info.victoromondi has been giving a helpful feedback to lots of learners’ Guided Projects.

• @artur.sannikov96 has taken on the generous task of reviewing to old Guided Projects that were shared in our Community

Most liked:

Our community likes @masterryan.prof a lot - this is the 3rd time Ryan is earning this title! Lately, @jithins123 has been spending a lot of time helping out peers in the community and the community loves Jithin for this! :heart:

So, Champions, could you share what you learnt by engaging in the activities mentioned above?

Please share your thoughts by replying below! :smile:

Awesome work, Champions! :confetti_ball:

I’m glad to present each of you with:

12 Likes

Hi! Thanks for noticing:) For me, it’s important that every person here on DQ receives thorough and detailed feedback on their projects. For me, that was a pity noticing that there are dozens of projects that have no feedback at all even though people were asking for it. I took on this task on reviewing old projects because I strongly believe that by giving feedback you not only help another person to improve their skill but also you expand your own knowledge on programming and data analysis.

Here is a concrete example: I liked how @jemartinezm1 colored his tables in different shades based on the numbers in that table using pandas and seaborn methods. Great job!

Happy coding everyone:)

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for including me in the list of community champions. Yes, I have been spending more time than usual because only now I have learned and done something good enough to help others. I’m glad that even though i’m at 20% of the total course, I’m of some use to others. This encouragement will definitely going to boost my morale. Thanks again.

And congratulations to all other community champions of this week.

5 Likes

Thanks for calling attention to my project. It’s good to know I’m on the right track.

Thanks also to the community champions! Having people are looking at the projects and giving feedback and help with motivation and focus.

5 Likes

Hello, thanks a lot @nityesh for noticing my project and including me among the champions. It feels so good :blush: :blush:
Of all the guided projects I’ve done, I took a pretty good time in this one, not only to just finish the project and move to other steps, but also to do it to the best of my ability, and understand everything I was doing.
I am now more confident to handle the coming projects :blush: :blush:
Not forgetting, I owe the community discussion a ton of appreciation for the guide and I also learnt many other ways of doing certain analyses. Thank you all
Congratulations to my fellow champions! @eas-sea ,@info.victoromondi ,@artur.sannikov96 and @masterryan.prof

9 Likes

You too @carologira8! Happy learning!

3 Likes