Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thank you @nityesh for your comments. It was a pleasure for me to share my proyect. And it is a pleasure to receive this award. I have to said that I couldn’t predict this :wink:

1 Like

Our Community Champions for this week are: :confetti_ball:

Personal projects sharer:

Guided Project sharers:

Guided Project reviewer:

I also want to call out @brayanopiyo18 for consistently providing helpful feedback on our learners’ Guided Projects.

You boost the morale of your peers and help them learn better, all while engaging in an activity that will surely have a positive impact on your career. :heart:

Complimentary resources:

@carmona.mcc shared an interesting article that discusses how you can embed Jupyter into Microsoft Excel and write Python instead of VBA.

Thank you all for sharing some cool stuff in our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the shoutout @nityesh :raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @nityesh for the comments, it has been pleasure indeed and have gained a lot reviewing guided projects shared by fellow learners. To the fellow champions, congratulations and let’s continue making the community great.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Nityesh! I’m very happy that my project was appreciated! :star2: :partying_face: Congratulations to all the champions! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :heart_eyes:

Dataquest Writers:

Alternate solutions:

Guided Project sharers:

• @philiplibre shared an awesome project for the 2nd week in a row - this time he’s Analyzing NYC High School Data! :tada:

Apart from making amazing visualizations, providing a capturing storytelling, and following all the best practices of writing great guided projects, Philip dug deeper not only in the observations and results, but also in the context of the data: NYC educational situation, SAT test, available datasets.

• @gosaints shared another cool project on Answering Business Questions using SQL.

@gosaints applied the Community resources in an efficient way to write a well-structured project that demonstrates great storytelling and observations, excellent and perfectly readable visualizations (especially the pie plots), cool code commenting including the SQL code.

Guided Project reviewers:

@brayanopiyo18 and @Elena_Kosourova kept providing amazing feedback to Guided Project sharers this week as well!

Thank you all for sharing some cool stuff in our Community! :heart:

4 Likes

Greetings and congratulations to all of you!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the appreciation, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations all! :star: :trophy:

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh! Great work everyone!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the special recognition , Nityesh! and congratulations to all the champions.

1 Like

Please join me in congratulating our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

• @vera.olive who shared a fantastic project Exploring Ebay Car Sales Data.

Vera shared an amazing well-structured and easy-to-follow work, with perfect emphasizing of the most important details, interesting observations and insights, and cool storytelling style in general.

• @radiofireworks shared a great project on Visualizing Earnings Based On College Majors.

They conducted a profound data analysis and represented the results in a perfectly organized and super well-commented and well-illustrated project. What’s more, they took into account the suggestions from the Community and updated their project accordingly.

Both @vera.olive and @radiofireworks have recently joined the Community but their projects are already great :star:

Guided Project reviewers:

@Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 took time to provide detailed feedback on Guided Projects shared in the Community. :heart:

Alternate solutions:

Thank you all for participating in our Community! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you very much @nityesh for the recognition and congratulations to all the champions…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Nityesh! Great job champions! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the recognition! :slight_smile:

Do I get a week of premium subscription even if my current subscription is free? Or is it only for current premium subscribers? I started using DQ only recently, so I’m still doing the free Python courses.

1 Like

Yes, you get a free week of subscription even if you are on the free plan currently! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @nityesh, and thank you @Elena_Kosourova for all your help!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @nityesh! This is very encouraging!

1 Like

This week our Community Champions shared a lot of interesting projects.

Here they are: :tada:

Personal Project

@artur.sannikov96 shared a project that he did with his colleague - History of Video Games in the Last 40 Years.

In this project, they used their data analytics skills to analyze a video game dataset and answer interesting questions like:

• What is the most successful video game in history?
  • What is the most successful publisher?
  • What is the most successful game franchise?
  • What is the historical development of publishers, game platforms, and genres?

Guided Project sharers

• Another great project from @gosaints, on Popular Data Science Questions.

They tweaked the original topic making it more focused and made a lot of extra steps, such as using wordcloud library, creating co-occurrence matrix, investigating deep learning questions growth rate and questions by month. As usual, awesome plots, interesting observations, conclusion and methodology summary.

• @Elena_Kosourova also shared another amazing project on Investigating Fandango Movie Ratings.

She reproduced all the elements of FiveThirtyEight style with a high precision for creating beautiful plots, compared Fandango to the other movie aggregators including both rating distribution shapes and summary statistics, and used pretty-printing for displaying tabular data.

Guided Project reviewers

Finally, a shoutout to @Basti and @brayanopiyo18 for giving helpful, actionable feedback on their peers’ projects! :heart:

Thank you all for participating in our Community! :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @nityesh! Good job Champions;)

Happy coding everyone :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :star_struck: Congratulations to all the champions! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes