Act fast, special offers end soon! Up to $294 is savings when you get Premium today.
Get offer codes

Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :star_struck: Congratulations to all the champions! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thank you and congratulations to everyone!

3 Likes

Thank you @nityesh! Great job everyone!

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh for the special recognition and congratulations to all the other champions.

1 Like

Hey Champs,

We are in the middle of changing our subscription management tool. So, there will be some delay in giving y’all the extension this week. I expect to give everyone the free subscription by the end of this week.

Sorry for the delay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re recognising a lot of new writers this week. Join me in giving a shoutout to this week’s Community Champions: :tada:

Dataquest Writers

Congratulations on writing some awesome articles, folks! Hoping to read more from you in the coming weeks. :slight_smile:

Personal Project Sharer

@jmerrell247 shared a personal project that they recently completed in which they analysed the 538 data set of club soccer prediction to see how good they are.

Guided Project Sharer

@jesmaxavier shared a cool Guided Project on Analyzing CIA Factbook data.

It stands out for its perfect structure including navigation, cover image and the acknowledgement section, intriguing subtitles, interesting-to-follow storytelling style, and references to amazing side articles throughout the project.

Guided Project reviewer

Again, I would like to give my deepest thanks to @Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 for reviewing Guided Projects in the community. :heart:

Thank you all for participating in our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

5 Likes

Thanks @nityesh , congratulations to the other champions!

1 Like

Thanks @nityesh! Appreciate the acknowledgment :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! Great job everybody! :partying_face:

1 Like

It is such a pleasure to see amazing things being shared in our community. Sometimes, I worry about what might happen if we don’t get any good stuff shared in Share category one week. But every week I find amazing things in there! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Here are the Community Champions who shared amazing things with our Community last week: :tada:

Articles:

One week in and we have already received 2 submissions for the March Writers contest with the $250 prize:

• @Elena_Kosourova wrote the first one: “Spaceborn” visualizations: some interesting plot types applied to a UFO dataset telescope :telescope:

“While bar charts, histograms, scatter plots, line charts, and box plots are wide-spread and efficient tools for displaying data and finding patterns in it, there are other graphs, less popular but still very useful for creating excellent visualizations. Let’s explore some of them on another type of less known objects: those unidentified flying saucers.”

• @uni.hue.lee wrote an article walking us through a project where she tries to find a data-driven answer to the question: Do younger generations care more about climate change?

" Generation Z cannot afford to alone in this fight. Support from older generations is needed to bring about meaningful change in policy because they outweigh Gen Z in terms of voting power and political influence. How much intergenerational support does climate issues have? In this blog, I analyze the 2016 European Social Survey data in R to explore generational differences in attitudes toward climate change."

Personal Project sharer:

@refucetola shared their personal project with us where they try to inspect what types of energy different countries use over time and compare that to the annual carbon emmissions for those countries.

Most liked:

@masterryan.prof reshared an insightful article on “how depending on too many open source libraries (esp. in enterprises is not always a good thing) and how making typos may lead you to downloading a malicious package (so check the spelling :eyes: ).”

Guided Project sharers:

• @BunterTheMage shared for the first time his guided project on NYC Schools SAT Scores, which stands out for its great structure, profound data analysis, smooth and coherent storytelling, nice visualizations, and curious side materials.

• @gosaints shared another amazing well-structured and well-commented project on Best Markets To Advertise In. @gosaints applied 2 different approaches to data analysis and illustrated their insights with cool perfectly annotated visualizations.

Guided Project reviewer:

@brayanopiyo18 and @Elena_Kosourova continue to give immensely helpful feedback on the Guided Projects that learners share in our Community! :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks a lot Nityesh , all the best to other champions.

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh! Congrats to the other winners!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Nityesh for the recognition! :star2: I’m always happy to be helpful to the Community! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Better late than never they say!! I’ve been bogged down for a while. Thanks @nityesh for the recognition. To the reviewers, sincerely appreciate your contributions. To the other winners… Onward and Upward! :smiley:

2 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Writer:

@Elena_Kosourova is on a roll - she published her 3rd article in Dataquest Direct: 11 Cool Names in Data Science.

In this article, she deciphers the origins of popular Python libraries that we hear everyday like Pandas, Seaborn and Beautiful Soup.

Crazy fact: When Elena couldn’t find the source of Seaborn’s name anywhere on the Internet, she hunted down the creator and shot him an email asking about the origins of the name! And he replied!! Check out their conversation in the article above. :wink:

Guided Project sharer:

This week both the notable Guided Projects come from the same person - @ywbadri :confetti_ball:

• The first one is on Star Wars, and it stands out for its very profound data analysis, curious insights, awesome plots, clean code, and perfect code comments. What’s more, @ywbadri writes that she is actually a fan of Star Wars, so her observations are the ones from a knowledgeable and involved person - that’s really cool!

• Her second project is on CIA Factbook Data Analysis . It’s characterized by a smooth storytelling, interesting observations. perfect SQL code style, Another great thing is that @ywbadri took into account the suggestions from the Community and updated her project accordingly :star:

Guided Project reviewer:

@Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 stand out this week as well as our top project reviewers! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for the recognition, am glad to be part of the champions. To other champions, congratulations! and let’s continue making the community great.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :star2: And yes, now we know the secret of Seaborn’s name, which was vividly discussed on the Internet but with no precise answer :grinning: Congratulations to the other champions! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @nityesh for the recognition! :smile: This is a much needed confidence boost for me as I’m constantly feeling the struggle with learning Data Science! Glad you liked my projects!

3 Likes

Congrats and well deserved! You’re always active and super helpful here! :smile:

2 Likes