Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thank you very much @nityesh , for the special recognition and the appreciation, To the other champions, congrats! and let’s continue making the community great.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recognition @nityesh!

Happy coding :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations to all the champions, great job! :partying_face:

3 Likes

@nityesh, thank you for the exclusive recognition :pray:t3: This fuels hard and creative work!
I wasn’t expecting that as there wasn’t any reply to my post yet :grinning:

Yet, it’s a value add to my resume I must say!

Congratulations to all!

2 Likes

Thank you Nityesh and congratulations to all the champions!

2 Likes

Last week, we concluded the March Writers Contest! But don’t forget, you can still submit your articles in our magazine, DQ Direct. We will share them with our audience to help you boost your career.

Now, onto the Community Champions of this week: :tada:

Writers:

• @theparidhi0 wrote an awesome article where she curated a list of free resources that can compliment every step in our Data Scientist path

“With this article I aim to list down a couple of additional resources and project ideas to refer to, for each step in the Data Scientist Path. All the resources I’ve included in this post are absolutely free of cost, accessible to everyone and created by sources that I truly believe in!”

• @v.kotecha shared his inspiring success story of starting a small freelance business using his data science skills in the middle of the pandemic.

“Obviously, this budding small enterprise didn’t come from nothing, and what I’ve found works well for me may not work in the same way for everyone else, but I wanted to share a few simple steps that helped me start down this path, and feel would be helpful for anyone looking to start a small business or even just make a bit of money on the side”

• @Elena_Kosourova wrote a great piece where she gives practical advice on how you can improve your bar plots.

“Being one of the most common visualization types, a bar plot is technically very easy to create: we need to write just one short line of code. However, if we want to create a really informative, easily readable graph efficiently revealing the story behind the data, we have to keep in mind several important things, which we’re going to discuss in this article.”

• @uni.hue.lee wrote an article walking us through an interesting personal project of hers where she tries to analyze Will coal and nuclear power survive the energy transition?.

“As energy transition advances, what will happen to conventional power sources such as nuclear and coal? To answer this question, let us turn to Denmark, which has the largest share of low-carbon energy (solar, wind, hydro, biomass, waste, geothermal) in the EU, reaching 77.3% of the total generation in 2019. (Data source: Our World in Data).”

Guided Project sharers:

• @Elena_Kosourova for Finding the Best Markets to Advertise In

She made highly readable and informative visualizations, including missing value graphs and stem plots, created pretty-printed tables, used many functions for code optimization, and analyzed best markets by age category and potential customer paying capacity.

• @YoussefAlaaEtman for their work on Exploring Hacker News project.

Youssef was curious enough to return to a previous project after learning matplotlib and to update it in the light of his new knowledge. Also, great job additionally analyzing post comments by month and by day of week.

Guided Project reviewers:

Alternate Solution:

Thank you all for contributing to our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

5 Likes

Yaay thanks for the shoutout, Nityesh! Really motivates me to keep writing more. :smiley:

Also, Congratulations to all the community champions! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @nityesh for the recognition and even the rewards , to other champions , congratulations and let’s continue making the community great!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. But it seems that the link for @v.kotecha’s article is not correct. Can you share the right link for his project?

2 Likes

That’s so cool Nityesh, this week I became the champion 3 times! :sweat_smile:. This is my record, at least for now :heart_eyes_cat: Thank you very much, and congratulations to the other champions! :trophy: :tada:

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, Uni! I’ve made the correction now. sorry for the confusion.

Wow, I totally missed this! Hats off to you, @Elena_Kosourova!! :heart_eyes: :tophat:

1 Like

Well done champions!

Thanks @theparidhi0 for sharing great resources with us!:slight_smile:

Happy coding :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @artur.sannikov96 :smiley:

1 Like

Here are our Community Champions of this week: :tada:

Resource sharers:

• @mathmike314 did a great job of sharing his hard-earned lesson about SQL style.

" So, if you’re like me and want to know the “right way ” to be formatting your SQL queries, understand that these guides are just guides and aren’t written in stone."

• @katherine.t.rundell created a topic where she lists down 6 amazing Data Science podcasts and explains what’s special about them.

“If you’re looking to immerse yourself in the data science industry and keep up to date with the latest developments, then data science podcasts are the way to go.”

Guided Project sharers

Guided Project reviewers:

Thank you all for contributing to our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

4 Likes

Thank you @nityesh ,and congratulations to all the champions.

3 Likes

Much appreciated @nityesh and congrats to all the champions! :heart:

3 Likes

Appreciate it a lot @nityesh:slight_smile: Thank you and well done champions, you make this community better:)

Happy coding :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @nityesh
Frankly speaking I didn’t notice at once that I was awarded :grin:
But for me it is a rather motivating thing, because I was a little bit exausted with that project and to recieve such feedback a great pleasure

2 Likes

Apologies for being a bit late this week. But here are the Community Champions of this week: :tada:

Writer:

@Elena_Kosourova has written another fantastic article for us - Going Beyond Simple Bar Plots. This time she discusses the various alternatives to simple bar plots. :bar_chart:

“Bar plots seem to be the best choice when it comes to displaying proportions of different elements of the whole. Are there some other charts with functionality similar to theirs?”

Guided Project sharer:

@rickyboshe shared his amazing R guided project on Analyzing NYC School Survey. It has interesting storytelling and observations, and awesome interactive visualizations in Plotly and Tableau! :heart_eyes:

Guided Project reviewer:

@brayanopiyo18 and @Elena_Kosourova reviewed and gave actionable feedback on their peers’ projects. You can join the fun by hopping into the Guided Project category and checking out the cool projects!

Top topic creator:

@kevin_q has started a very interesting discussion in his topic - When did you feel like Python finally “clicked” for you? . Hop in to read the experiences of @mathmike314, @Elena_Kosourova, @ksenia.kustanovich, @vadim.maklakov and @molendykj or share your own story!

Thank you for contributing to our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward you with:

3 Likes