Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thank you very very much for once again being awarded this prize! And a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that helped me getting here :slight_smile:

And congrats to the other winners, Parabéns, and keep up the good work :upside_down_face:.

Obrigado!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, @nityesh , it means a lot!

And congratulations to all the champions!

2 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :confetti_ball:

Writers

Guided Project sharers

• @Elena_Kosourova shared her awesome Guided Project on Winning Jeopardy.

She tested various guided and extra approaches searching for a successful strategy, experimented with different stop word lists, considered 50 most common words rather than 10 random, and analyzed frequencies of the most popular categories.

• @ahadov.rufat also shared a cool project analysing Employee Exit Survey.

Rufat shared a well-organized project with optimized and well-commented code, conducted a profound data cleaning and analysis with curious insights and created cool plots.

Guided Project reviewers

This week I want to highlight @artur.sannikov96 and @vinigomesaraujo for leaving helpful reviews on their peer’s Guided Projects in the community.

I hope checking them out taught you something useful, too! :slight_smile:

Thanks for creating value for our community, y’all! :heart:

I am honoured to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

5 Likes

Thanks for the recognition again @nityesh! Good job, champions:)

Happy coding everyone :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations to all the champions, great job! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Here are the Community Champions of this week:

Writers

Guided Project sharers

@sbgraham72 posted a great project on Popular Data Science Questions or Tags last week.

Here he conducted a very thorough analysis, added awesome insightful visualizations and images, made interesting observations, and listed the most frequent questions, apart from the most frequent tags.

Guided Project reviewers

Finally, this week I want to call out @Edelberth and @brayanopiyo18 for providing helpful feedback on some of the Guided Projects shared by their peers.

If you would like to join them, check out @the_doctor helpful guide on how to provide valuable feedback to these projects.

Thanks for engaging in our community, everyone! :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for the appreciation, and congratulations to all the champions!

2 Likes

Announcing the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Writer

@JavierSandoval wrote an inspiring article highlighting the impact of data science in addressing some of the most pressing challenges of the world: Data and sustainable development: The case for world changers in a digital world.

Javier also presented a simple project to demonstrate how data analysis can help in making sense of world’s energy trends.

Guided Project sharers

• @sbgraham72 is killing it - he has shared another excellent project in one week. This time he is analyzing the Fandango 2015 Movie Ratings.

Apart from amazing and informative graphs and a profound statistical analysis, the project stands out for its appealing project title, interesting critics of data gathering process, individual approach to select a significant control group, curious observations and especially conclusion.

• @brucemcminn’s project on Finding Room for a New App deserves a special mention too.

Even though this was his first guided project, it is well-structured, has an attractive title, clean code, demonstrates interesting observations and original conclusion. What’s more, @brucemcminn efficiently applied suggestions from the Community and updated his project accordingly! :heart_eyes:

Guided Project reviewers

This week, I want to call out @Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 for leaving thoughtful feedback on the projects shared in our community. :heart:

Thanks for engaging in our community, everyone! :heart:

I am glad to reward you with:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh
congratulations! to all the champions :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Thank you nityesh for investing your time in reading over my project reports.
I appreciate your feedback very much.
For the most part, it has been enjoyable to take on the wide range of challenging Guided Projects presented as part of my learning process!
Beast regards,
Bruce Graham

3 Likes

Many thanks for recognition, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations to all the champions for having done a great job! :star2: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Here are the Community Champions of this week: :confetti_ball:

Writer

@theparidhi0 won the May Writers Contest with her excellent article - How to make comical visualizations? Explained using Netflix Movie and TV Show dataset. 📺.

At the time of writing this article has been viewed 1.8k+ times! I’m so happy to reward her with the winning gift card worth 250 USD. :moneybag: :trophy:

Personal Project sharer:

@ddkwarren93 shared a super cool personal project where they analyze shark attack incidents around the world! :shark:

They have created an interesting report discussing the fatality rates, species of shark involved, activities of human during the attack and more.

Guided Project sharer:

• @nathalia.pignaton shared an exceptional project on Analyzing NYC High School Data.

Apart from awsome graphs, great structure, cool storytelling, and clean commented code, Nathalia’s work stands out for applying interesting features like centered images and differently colored output text.

• @radiofireworks on The influence of demographics on SAT performance also deserves a special mention this week.

It stands out for its eye-catching title, interesting storytelling, insightful plots, profound investigation of the topic including SHSAT, extracurricular activities, reduced-cost lunches, and interesting suggestions for continuing this forward.

Guided Project reviewer

Finally, this week I want to call out @vinigomesaraujo and @brayanopiyo18 for leaving helpful feedback on their peers’ Guided Projects

Thanks for creating value for our community, y’all! :heart:

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much @nityesh for the recognition!!! :partying_face:
It was a very difficult project to finish, specially after a long period without learning. This gives me an extra motivation to keep going, I feel I’m in the right path!!

Thank you, again!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well done champions! Congratulation on your success, you make this community better.

Happy coding everyone :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey yall! :wave:

Did you see the announcement that we’re bringing back the Writers Contest this month? I’m eagerly waiting to read all of your tutorials, stories and project walkthroughs! :heart_eyes:

Now, onto the Community Champions: :tada:

Guided Project sharer:

• @sbgraham72 shared an excellent project on Best Markets to Advertise In.

It stands out for its innovative approach, applying Pareto principle, creating insightful visualizations, digging deep into the data, and obtaining interesting findings.

• @Elena_Kosourova for sharing her project on Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94.

It deserves a special mention because she optimised her code, followed best practices for data visualisation, and did the extra tasks!

• @vadim.maklakov shared a unique project on Winning Jeopardy.

Vadim used the entire dataset, tried two different approaches to analyze questions and answers, applied different levels of chi-squared and arrived at interesting conclusions.

• @dadp2551 also shared their work on Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94.

It’s unique for its cool and clean graphs with a good choice of colors and sizes, laconic but clear and informative storytelling, a curious finding on speed limit adjustment in 2017, and exploring nighttime traffic.

• @Elena_Kosourova also shared another cool project on Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates.

She investigated EUR-USD and EUR-RUB rate evolution from the standpoint of the corresponding COVID trends in 2020 and obtained curious COVID-related and external patterns for both countries. She also applied a cool feature that she found while reviewing other people’s projects.

Thank you all for sharing your excellent work in our community! :clap: :heart:

4 Likes

Well done champions:) You make this community a better place!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :heart_eyes: Champions, great job your projects! :fire:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Nityesh!
I will continue stubbornly gnawing on the very very and very hard granite of science :grinning:

3 Likes

We have repeat Champions this week! Here they are: :tada:

Writer:

@eboigbeik has kicked off the July Writers Contest by publishing Unconventional Strategies to Land Your Next Job in The Data Industry.

In this article, they share a step-by-step guide to finding a job by cold emailing companies instead of waiting for a recruiter to discover your resume on a job portal.

Guided Project sharer:

• @nathalia.pignaton for their project on Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on the westbound of I-94.

You should check it out because of its interesting observations, emphasis on the most important points, and a fresh look on the reasons of the traffic volume anomalies throughout the year.

• @vadim.maklakov shared another great project, this time on Predicting Car Prices .

It stands out because Vadim shows his eye for detail and curiosity for the data by going far deeper in data exploration than required in the instructions, and using many additional resources!

Guided Project reviewer

This week I want to give a special mention to @YoussefAlaaEtman and @artur.sannikov96 for helping their peers by leaving constructive feedback on their projects!

Thank you all for sharing your excellent work in our community! :clap: :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks for the recognition @nityesh! Well done champions, congratulations:)

Happy coding :smile:

3 Likes