CYBER WEEK - EXTRA SAVINGS EVENT
TRY A FREE LESSON

Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thank you, @nityesh! This is so cool.

4 Likes

Congratulation champions, Well done :fire:

2 Likes

Many thanks for your appreciation, Nityesh! :star_struck: Congratulations to the other champions! :star2:

2 Likes

@shakarianj1: Congrats on your article! Was rather inspiring especially in this time of COVID, where we feel like we have to use I time wisely so that we will be better equipped with skills in the new normal. Though, often at times, we do need breaks and burnout or get bored on certain topics and our expectations of ourselves may be unrealistic and require some reevaluation and tuning. I did too experience that myself!

Some other leisure activity or a period of rest is indeed helpful and who knows, it might like in your case, rekindle the candle of passion! Thanks again for the reminder for the need to take breaks! :+1:

Also congrats to the rest of the champions past and present (and in the near future)! :tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations to all champions! I really liked your article @shakarianj1! I think, it’s very encouraging for other people because it’s extremely important to follow your passion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last few days left for this month’s Writers Contest. So, send in your entries ASAP!

Here are the Community Champions for last week: :tada:

Writers:

I’m so excited that we published so many amazing articles last week! :star_struck: Here they are:

Guided Project sharers:

Last week, 2 of the most notable Guided Projects were shared by new learners who haven’t been Community Champions yet. Exciting!

• First is @chefpaul92’s project on Heavy Traffic on I-94W.

It stands out for its easy-to-follow project structure, clean code and its efficient documentation (code commenting and function description), well-formatted output printing, and great storytelling, especially the visual representation of traffic by hour.

• Second I want to highlight @adbandy’s work on Predicting Bike Rentals in Washington DC.

They have demonstrated a geniune curiosity to the data following a non-conventional path for project completing, digging deep into the data, obtaing interesting insights supplemented with plenty of cool and various visualizations.

Guided Project reviewers:

If you have considered reviewing your peers’ projects in this community, check out this Playbook: How to give quick, helpful feedback on a project shared in this community - #2 by brayanopiyo18.

This week I want to highlight @Rucha and @brayanopiyo18 for leaving thoughtful feedback on Guided Projects shared in our community.

Thank you all for sharing your excellent work in our community! :clap: :heart:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

4 Likes

Thanks @nityesh for the recognition.
Congratulations to all the champions!

3 Likes

Hi @nityesh

I must admit I was surprised to find my name here. :slight_smile: Thank You as always.

Best wished to all the champions!

3 Likes

Im honoured. Thank you!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Writer:

Guided Project sharers:

• @vadim.maklakov’s latest project on Predicting House Sale Price deserves a special mention.

It demonstrates a very detailed and profound data analysis applying both linear and ridge regression, comparing their results, clean and easy-to follow code, output format, and efficient variable naming.

• @dadp2551’s has also shared an awesome project on Exploring Hacker News Posts.

It stands out for its excellent structure, emphasizing all the important points, completing extra tasks, using functions to optimize the code, and an efficient summary of results.

One of the best ways to use this community is by checking out your peers Guided Projects and leaving a quick feedback on them.

I want to highlight @Elena_Kosourova and @artur.sannikov96 for doing an amazing job of this in the past week!

You too can join the party by checking out some of the Guided Projects that are being shared in the community. It doesn’t even take too long! Here’s a playbook to help you.

Thanks a lot for participating in our community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Great job champions, congratulations! :muscle::trophy:

3 Likes

Thanks @nityesh! Congratulations, champions, you make this Community better :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks @nityesh!
Congratulations all champions too!

1 Like

Folks, we’ve announced the August Writers Contest - check out how to participate here!

Now, here are our Community Champions for the last week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

• @vadim.maklakov investigated additional resources and did a great job on Predicting the stock market.

They used both lasso and linear regressions, compared both approaches, and obtained interesting insights and conclusions. What’s more, their project stands out for its efficient code and excellent function documentation.

• @alekseikondratenko7 shared an awesome project on Building a Spam Filter with Naive Bayes.

Here, they not only applied the recommended manual approach but also tried scikit-learn classifier, obtaining even higher accuracy in their experiment. Their work also demonstrates clean and perfectly commented code, cool storytelling, and mathematical references.

This week I want to highlight @LucaVehbiu and @brayanopiyo18 for giving an awesome feedback to their peer on their Guided Project. :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks @nityesh!
Congratulations all champions too!

3 Likes

Thanks alot @nityesh for the recognition.

1 Like

Well done Champions:) Congratulations to all!

I really liked your project @alekseikondratenko7! It’s very professional-looking :slight_smile: Happy coding!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Here are the champions for this week: :tada:

Writers:

Guided Project sharer:

• @dadp2551 shared an awesome project on Exploring eBay Car Sales Data.

It stands out for its perfect structure, clear goals, efficient emphasizing, revising all the resulting tables in the summary of results, and clean code highly optimized by introducing various functions.

Guided Project reviewer:

This week I want to recognise @artur.sannikov96 and @Elena_Kosourova for continuing to provide helpful feedback to the projects shared in this community! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Thanks, @nityesh. This type of recognition always inspires me to make more cool projects and explore the topic outside of the project’s guide.

2 Likes