BLACK FRIDAY EXTRA SAVINGS EVENT - EXTENDED
START FREE

Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thanks @nityesh!
Congratulations all champions too!

1 Like

Folks, we’ve announced the August Writers Contest - check out how to participate here!

Now, here are our Community Champions for the last week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

• @vadim.maklakov investigated additional resources and did a great job on Predicting the stock market.

They used both lasso and linear regressions, compared both approaches, and obtained interesting insights and conclusions. What’s more, their project stands out for its efficient code and excellent function documentation.

• @alekseikondratenko7 shared an awesome project on Building a Spam Filter with Naive Bayes.

Here, they not only applied the recommended manual approach but also tried scikit-learn classifier, obtaining even higher accuracy in their experiment. Their work also demonstrates clean and perfectly commented code, cool storytelling, and mathematical references.

Guided Project reviewers:

This week I want to highlight @LucaVehbiu and @brayanopiyo18 for giving an awesome feedback to their peer on their Guided Project. :heart:

Thanks a lot for participating in our community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

4 Likes

Thanks @nityesh!
Congratulations all champions too!

3 Likes

Thanks alot @nityesh for the recognition.
Congratulations to all the champions!

1 Like

Well done Champions:) Congratulations to all!

I really liked your project @alekseikondratenko7! It’s very professional-looking :slight_smile: Happy coding!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Here are the champions for this week: :tada:

Writers:

Guided Project sharer:

• @dadp2551 shared an awesome project on Exploring eBay Car Sales Data.

It stands out for its perfect structure, clear goals, efficient emphasizing, revising all the resulting tables in the summary of results, and clean code highly optimized by introducing various functions.

Guided Project reviewer:

This week I want to recognise @artur.sannikov96 and @Elena_Kosourova for continuing to provide helpful feedback to the projects shared in this community! :raised_hands:

Thanks a lot for participating in our community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thanks, @nityesh. This type of recognition always inspires me to make more cool projects and explore the topic outside of the project’s guide.

2 Likes

Thanks, @artur.sannikov96! I have to mention that Dataquest has an amazing project style guide that I simply follow using some minor modifications :blush:.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your recognition, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations to all the champions, keep up this high level! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the recognition @nityesh! It’s always nice to review other’s projects, this is so valuable for my own learning process:)

Congratulations, Champions!

1 Like

Congratulations to this week’s community champions. Let’s continue soldiering as we allocate more time and effort to our learning. The future is actually brighter than it seemed with well qualified and skilled data scientists. Thanks for this new initiative that aims at boosting our morale @nityesh

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m back with the weekly Community Champions announcement: :partying_face:

Guided Project sharers:

• @davidrodriguessp shared a cool project on Building a Machine Learning Model to Predict House Prices.

It has an original introduction, interesting storytelling, informative conclusion, well-commented code, and plenty of insightful visualizations.

• @radiofireworks shared another project on Star Wars survey.

This stands out for its perfect structure, easy-to-follow code, digging much deeper into the data, excellent storytelling, very informative conclusion, and custom visualizations.

• @adam.kubalica has redone his previous project on Exploring eBay Car Sales Data and introduced a lot of improvements to it.

Adam’s work demonstrates profound data cleaning and analysis, fantastic visualizations, great storytelling, very curious findings, attention to details, and emphasis on the most important insights.

Guided Project reviewers:

Thanks a lot for participating in our community, y’all! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Hi! Wow, I’m so happy you enjoyed the project! It was a lot of work, but for sure it paid off. I’m looking forward to seeing your input and suggestions. Of course, the project is a living organism, always can improve! Thank you! David

3 Likes

Thanks @nityesh for the recognition, and congratulations to all the champions.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for shoutout, Nityesh! :heart_eyes::star: Great job, champions! :trophy:

1 Like

Thank you @nityesh!!

1 Like

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Writers

Guided Project sharer:

@adam.kubalica shared an amazing work on Star Wars Guided Project.

Here he created stunning visualizations, used a great project navigation, used interesting libraries, dug deep into the data, and discussed the lessons learned.

Guided Project reviewer:

This week, I want to call out @adam.kubalica once again because he’s been helping a lot of our community members by sharing awesome actionable feedback on their Guided Projects. Love what you’re doing there, Adam! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Thanks a lot for participating in our community, y’all! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

That’s so great to see so many DataQuest Direct authors this week:) Also congratulation @adam.kubalica for your project and contribution to the Community :smile:

Happy coding:)

3 Likes

thank you, don’t think I’ll be able to pull it of for a third time - time to do some ML courses instead of redoing old projects :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@adam.kubalica Hey Adam, I’ve been trying to contact you. Please email me at lotfidrif87@gmail.com or respond to my LinkedIn. Appreciate it a ton, speak soon!