Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Congrats Everyone :clap:t2: :tada:

6 Likes

Thanks @nityesh! I’m very excited about this project. It was actually one of the first almost fully independent projects that I did and , DQ helped a lot in improving my coding skills. Your platform really challenges people to code, solve problems and think analytically.

Well done @juanjosemunozp, @veratsien, @adewalade, @jithins123 and @omarstinnerdata!

Happy coding everyone :blush:

10 Likes

Wow, thank you for the honor! I’m thrilled! :star_struck:

I really enjoyed experimenting with Plotly, and definitely recommend trying it out. It generates beautiful plots effortlessly, static, or interactive. It was also fun to get familiar with a different plotting library.

I just love how this community inspires us to learn, explore, share, and help each other. Great work everyone! :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Thank you! @nityesh What I learned doing this extension was that it is always important to do more than what you are asked to do if you truly want to master a skill(programming/coding in our case). Being curious pushes you to learn new ways of solving a problem. This in turn helps you build your coding knowledge as you get exposed to the new material, which then helps you get a better feel of which code to use to answer specific problems. Always go above and beyond.

Dataquest has really helped me in learning and advancing my coding skills. The structure of the missions combined with the respective practice problems has really helped fortify my knowledge of programming. This community is great for us to ask, share, and receive feedback on our work. Many thanks and congratulations to this week’s community champions. Keep up the good work! :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for this. It is a pleasure to know that my guided project reviews are helpful. I always wanted someone to have a better look at the projects I share here. So it is just that I am doing what I expect from others to do for me. Thanks again for this honour. And congratulations to everyone who made it to the list this week.

8 Likes

A lot of interesting things were shared by our community in the past week. Here are the Community Champions who shared some of them: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Personal project sharers:

• @bholaprasad26 shared an amazing end-to-end project in our Community. Here Bhola did everything from scraping the data to doing exploratory analysis and creating charts to deploying it through Heroku on a website! You can check it out here. And while you are at it, please give Bhola some feedback. :slight_smile:

• @KevinLuigiReyes shared another cool personal Kaggle project with us last week. This project does an analysis of grocery store dataset. Kevin pursued this project after learning a few courses at Dataquest. So, if you are looking to do something similarly independent, this is a great place to get some motivation.

Alternate Solution providers:

This week we also noticed a new trend in the Community - community members sharing alternate solutions to our courses. I believe that they create an awesome supplementary learning resource for all learners.

We want to encourage this behaviour. Therefore, I am calling out 2 of the people who provided us with alternative solutions:

• @masterryan.prof shared an alternative solution for one of our Command Line missions.
  • @jonathan.s.spratt shared with us a briefer way of solving one of the problems from the SQL section.

Writers:

@fedepereira shared an insightful article with us about Showing your insights in R markdown as slides! Check it out below:

Most liked:

• @WilfriedF took a leap of faith and joined the Driven Data competition. He was kind enough to share his detailed experience with our community! Do give @WilfriedF’s post a read - it is very inspiring!

Guided Project Sharers:

Guided Project Reviewers:

Finally, I want to call out @jemartinezm1 and @artur.sannikov96 for giving helpful feedback to learners who share their Guided Projects in our community!

Thanks for participating in our community, Champions! :heart:

I am proud to present each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

Before you go Champions, could you share what you learnt by engaging in the activities mentioned above?

Please share your thoughts by replying below! :smile:

11 Likes

Thanks again! I wasn’t expecting it this time :blush:

As always I learn a lot by reviewing the projects. In some cases, I see what has to be avoided in other I find out what I can improve about my projects.

Well done @bholaprasad26, @KevinLuigiReyes, @masterryan.prof, @jonathan.s.spratt, @fedepereira, @WilfriedF, @adrianzchmn, @gualar and @jemartinezm1.

Happy coding, everyone:)

8 Likes

Congratulations Champs :tada:

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!
Sharing and learning from others makes the learning infinitely more valuable. It is a resource that we must take advantage of it. Thanks to all of you that spend your time helping and giving feedback to other’s projects!
Gas!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

Really didn’t expect this. I am feeling even more motivated now! And reading the other projects makes me want to learn more!
This is awesome ;D

3 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Writers:

Last week, @otavios.s wrote an good article in Dataquest Direct describing one of his personal projects. In this article, he walks us through the project and talks about the insights derived from his analysis. Do check it out:

Most liked:

@prasadkalyan05 received lots of love from our community by sharing the exciting update of finishing the Data Analyst in Python path. They elaborated on their experience and tells us an inspiring story.

Guided Projects sharers:

Check both of them out to get some great ideas for your own projects.

Guided Project reviewers:

Finally I want to call out @veratsien and @Scylla for giving some awesome reviews on their peers’ Guided Projects. Thank you for generously helping out your peer by giving them feedback on their work.

Thanks for all you do, Champions! :heart:

Each of you will get:

Before you go Champions, could you share what you learnt by engaging in the activities mentioned above?

Please share your thoughts by replying below! :smile:

10 Likes

Thank You very much @nityesh !

Really I didn’t expect this kind of recognition. However , I am really happy to hear that my reviews were useful.
I love both DQ learning platform and the community. Specially I learnt a lot by reading others’ projects.
Cheers…
Scylla

5 Likes

@nityesh Thank you! And congrats to the champions!

Thanks for all the awesome shares this week, everyone! :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you @nityesh!, I tried to see what else to learn looking the projects of the community, you always find gold in the projects.

4 Likes

Thank you Nityesh!

It’s always good to know whether you’re on the right track, and having your efforts mentioned is definitely motivating.

Firm handshakes all around.

5 Likes

Congrats Champs!! :tada: :clap:

4 Likes

Thank you!
I recall when I just joined the community and saw first Community Champions’ projects, I was just astonished and thought that their level was unachieveble. But, instead of get discouraged, I got inspired by these projects (and other wonderful projects which were not recognized as Com. Champ. for whatever reason). And here I am, annouced a Community Champion :wink:

6 Likes

I like your perspective. I was quite intimidated by their projects at first, too. But now that you mention it, they are more inspirational and challenging in a good way than intimidating :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Personal Project sharers:

Most liked:

@WilfriedF and @moriturus7 had a great discussion about how accuracy can be misleading and why you should look at other metrics like Precision and Recall.

Guided Project sharers:

Guided Project reviewers:

@Elena_Kosourova and @info.victoromondi are elevating our community discussions by giving good specific feedback to the Guided Project sharers. Kudos to y’all!

Thank you for these insightful discussions, Champions! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am happy to present you with:

Before you go Champions, can you tell us - What’s the number 1 reason you come back to the Community?

Please share your answer by replying below! :smile:

9 Likes

Thank you! I completed the functional programming module on the Data Engineer path. This was where the idea came from.

8 Likes