Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Congratulations Everyone! :tada:

2 Likes

Here are our newest Community Champions: :tada:

Personal Project sharers:

Guided Project sharers:

Guided Project reviewers:

I also want to call out @WilfriedF and @jithins123 for the excellent feedback that they leave on Guided Projects shared by our community. Thank you for lifting up your peers!

And thank you everyone! :heart:

I am happy to give you:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

Before you go Champions, can you tell us - what is one thing that you learned last week that you didn’t know before?

Please share your answer by replying below! :smile:

10 Likes

Thank you for this amazing news @nityesh and congratulations to all the champions! :partying_face: One of the new things I learned this week was how to deal with SettingWithCopyWarning and RuntimeWarning. So now I don’t have anymore those scaring red rectangulars in my projects! :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Nityesh for this great news and congratulations to fellow champions. I this week I was fortunate enough to receive some amazing feedback on my guided projects which is definitely great.

6 Likes

Congratulations Champion :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Please join me in congratulating our latest cohort of our Community Champions: :tada:

Most liked:

• @ananth.ch got a unique opportunity to jump on a call with a Data Scientist and asked him lots of interesting questions. Ananth was kind enough to take notes and share them with our community!

Check them out - lots of wisdom in there.

• @vinodgchandaliya asked an interesting question to our community - How to build a live data science projects? @moriturus7 gave them wonderful advice. They connected our Guided Projects to the real world tasks and also laid down some steps to follow if you want to get more serious.

Do join the conversation with your own thoughts and perspectives.

Guided Project sharers:

Finally, I want to call out @veratsien and @artur.sannikov96 for generously providing really helpful feedback to strangers around the world.

Thanks Champions for giving life to our little community! :heart:

I am glad to give you:

Before you go Champions, can you tell us - What is the number #1 reason you come back to the Community?

6 Likes

@nityesh Thank you for the recognition! I definitely get a lot of satisfaction from being able to help others. And it’s one of the many reasons I come back to the community frequently.

I think the #1 reason for me to come back to the community is a sense of comradery. Self-learning is not like school, you take full responsibility for the initiative, accountability, and progress. It’s a lonely journey for the most part. But this community is one of the best in my experience, with a culture of helping each other, sharing generously, and recognizing the efforts of everyone in the community.

Great work as always everyone! Let’s keep it up. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recognition!

Recently I don’t write that much on the community due to the lack of time (and I’m also finishing up my own personal project) but I really try to keep up with the reviews because as always I strongly believe in feedback systems that encourage us to constantly improve in our data science journey!

@vinodgchandaliya I really liked that you asked this question: I was also thinking about some real-time live system that will serve people for many months if not years:)

I could also try to build something similar for the non-profit organization I volunteer in (we have pretty many repetitive tasks to do, even though I partially automated them with Google Sheets standard formulas) but I can only imagine what I can do with the power of Python:) Maybe I should try!

Happy coding everyone :smile:

5 Likes

A pleasant surprise. Thanks @nityesh and DQ :slight_smile:

My philosophy is simple : good documentation and automation are force-multipliers. If we have 100 people working on something and we can boost their productivity 10% through awareness of resources, then we get an extra 10 people for free.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @nityesh!

Hoping my project could be of help for those struggling to learn the logic behind SQL queries! :grin:

One of the I come back is due to the helpful atmosphere of the Community! It’s wonderful to have a culture of give and take which provides a great motivational spur in the learning process!

1 Like

@nityesh Thank you so much ,

I see Dataquest community is my near friend, with whom I can learn and grow to serve fruits. This makes me to stay here, I may not be much live in community, but whenever I m there it feels better here :slight_smile: :innocent:

1 Like

Oh you definitely should! I am going to look forward to reading about your experience when you are done!!

2 Likes

Congrats Champions!! :boom:

1 Like

Thank you! It was a great fun to discover new libraries and get some nice results at the end. It´s my advice to everyone - not to be afraid of new libraries/solutions/etc., it´s a perfect time for experiments while we are still learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have 3 Community Champions to thank this week: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Most liked:

Guided Project sharer:

• @Elena_Kosourova shared a very good Guided Project analysing the CIA Factbook Data. Elena followed their curiosity to create a comprehensive report containing interesting facts about our world.

Thank you for sharing your best work and writing those long, interesting posts in the Community. They are very helpful to other learners.

Guided Project reviewer:

Special thanks to @Elena_Kosourova and @WilfriedF for going through their peers’ Guided Projects and giving them feedback that helps them improve.

You’re helping create a better community for everyone! :heart_decoration:

I am glad to give you:

My deepest thanks to everyone who participates in our little Data Science community to create something bigger than ourselves.

With your sincere participation, we can create a camaraderie that reduces isolation for the brave self-learners and creates an amazing learning experience for learners around the world! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Many thanks @nityesh! :star_struck: I’m very happy to be helpful to our amazing Community and to be recognized for it! :heart_eyes:
Cheers! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Congrat :clap:t5: @Elena_Kosourova and @WilfriedF

3 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

@brayanopiyo18 and @Elena_Kosourova are our notable Guided Project reviewers for the last week. They did an amazing work of providing their peers with actionable feedback on their Guided Projects.

I am so glad to reward each of you with:

Before you go Champions, can you tell us - What is the number #1 reason you participate in the Community?

4 Likes

That’s another great news for today! :tada: :confetti_ball: Thanks a lot @nityesh and congratulations Champions! :rosette:

2 Likes

Very grateful for receiving the Community Champion badge for my guided project. Do not hesitate to let feedback, positive or negative, it’s always motivating to hear someone talking about your work! Need to know what I am doing wrong and what I am doing well.

2 Likes