Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Congrats Champions!! :boom:

1 Like

Thank you! It was a great fun to discover new libraries and get some nice results at the end. It´s my advice to everyone - not to be afraid of new libraries/solutions/etc., it´s a perfect time for experiments while we are still learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have 3 Community Champions to thank this week: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Most liked:

Guided Project sharer:

• @Elena_Kosourova shared a very good Guided Project analysing the CIA Factbook Data. Elena followed their curiosity to create a comprehensive report containing interesting facts about our world.

Thank you for sharing your best work and writing those long, interesting posts in the Community. They are very helpful to other learners.

Guided Project reviewer:

Special thanks to @Elena_Kosourova and @WilfriedF for going through their peers’ Guided Projects and giving them feedback that helps them improve.

You’re helping create a better community for everyone! :heart_decoration:

I am glad to give you:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

My deepest thanks to everyone who participates in our little Data Science community to create something bigger than ourselves.

With your sincere participation, we can create a camaraderie that reduces isolation for the brave self-learners and creates an amazing learning experience for learners around the world! :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Many thanks @nityesh! :star_struck: I’m very happy to be helpful to our amazing Community and to be recognized for it! :heart_eyes:
Cheers! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Congrat :clap:t5: @Elena_Kosourova and @WilfriedF

3 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

Guided Project reviewers:

@brayanopiyo18 and @Elena_Kosourova are our notable Guided Project reviewers for the last week. They did an amazing work of providing their peers with actionable feedback on their Guided Projects.

I am so glad to reward each of you with:

Before you go Champions, can you tell us - What is the number #1 reason you participate in the Community?

Please share your answer by replying below! :smile:

4 Likes

That’s another great news for today! :tada: :confetti_ball: Thanks a lot @nityesh and congratulations Champions! :rosette:

2 Likes

Very grateful for receiving the Community Champion badge for my guided project. Do not hesitate to let feedback, positive or negative, it’s always motivating to hear someone talking about your work! Need to know what I am doing wrong and what I am doing well.

2 Likes

Well done Champions! You are making this community always better:)

Happy coding everyone :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for this recognition, and congratulations to all the champions.

1 Like

Please join me in congratulating the Community Champions of this week: :confetti_ball:

Most liked:

Guided Project sharers:

@brayanopiyo18 is helping lots of future data scientists by giving them very pointed, helpful feedback on their Guided Projects. Thank you, Brayan! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for this special recognition ,reviewing guided project has really boosted my level of understanding in data science. Congratulations to all the other champions.

3 Likes

Thanks @nityesh! It was nice to share the story:)

Could you also provide the link to the topic?

Happy coding everyone :smile:

3 Likes

@nityesh Thank you for mentioning my ‘first’ project. It was a unique challenge in the sense that I can’t use any of the convenient libraries I’ve been using so it requires a lot more patience and creativity in solving the problem. I definitely didn’t give it 100% because of my limited patience… It’s like trying to paint with three colors. :sweat_smile:

Bravo to all beginners for completing this project as the first. Coming from a ‘finisher’, it’s not an easy one. It really only gets easier later on. So keep up the good work and rock on! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Most liked:

Guided Project sharers:

@brayanopiyo18 and @jithins123 provided a tremendous help to their peers by giving them constructive feedback on their projects.

Alternate solutions:

Last week, @eashwary shared interesting alternate solutions for 3 of our exercises -

Thank you all for sharing amazing things with the community. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for the mention. I’m glad my assistance is found to be useful. Thanks a lot for the appreciation. Congratulations to other community champions as well.

4 Likes

Oh, many thanks Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: I’m very happy that my project was appreciated, it was not an easy one at all! :crazy_face: Congrats Champions! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @nityesh for the special recognition, I am really glad and I do appreciate for being part of this community. Congratulations to all the other champions and wishing you a happy learning.

3 Likes

Happy new year folks!

The first cohort of Community Champions of 2021 looks amazing: :heart_eyes:

Most liked:

Article:

• @veratsien, one of our most active learners in the Community, shared a very cool personal project in this article - they demonstrated their analytics skills by analyzing their journey of learning from Dataquest!

They created a dataset by parsing the weekly accomplishment emails that Dataquest sends. I love the creativity!

Personal Projects:

• @michael.hoang17 shared an exceptional personal project that analyses Gym memberships. Michael was able use their knowledge from taking our R path to do a personal project with their employer.

It must have taken a tremendous amount of effort as Michael has done everything - creating the dataset (which they have generously shared on Github), cleaning the dataset and analyzing it!

Whether you’re learning R or Python, you should check it out.

• @artur.sannikov96 put their knowledge of web scraping with BeautifulSoup to use in a personal project where they collect the metadata of more than 11000 books from the Blackwell’s Bookshop website. Artur clearly documents and walks us through every step of creating the dataset.

Complementary Resources:

NEW: Starting this week, the Community Champions program is also going to recognize learners who share links to resources on the Internet that complement one of our missions/screens.

I believe that using multiple resources to learn a concept can provide a better learning experience.

If you would like to participate, simply:

1. create a new topic in the Resources category
  2. add link to the resource
  3. talk about how it is helpful
  4. add a link to the relevant mission screen from Dataquest

For example, @aris shared a great resource for learning about “phantom argument” in Python Object Oriented Programming here.

Guided Project sharers:

• @seannguyen.2016 shared a great project on Answering Business Questions for Chinook using SQL.

As @Elena_Kosourova said, this project stands out because of :

very good and easy-to-follow storytelling and project structure, amazing visualizations (emphasizing the bars of interest was a good idea), adding comments not only to the python part of the code but also inside the queries themselves, writing separately main results and recommendations in the conclusion, good usage of bold font where necessary.

• @jeffreybarfield shared another great project on Visualizing Earnings based on college majors. Check out this project to learn more about the new library that Jeffrey uses for data visualisation - Altair.

Finally, I want to thank @brayanopiyo18 and @jithins123 for reviewing so many Guided Projects in the Community and giving constructive feedback on them. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for sharing amazing things with the community. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

@nityesh Thanks for the shoutout! And a great job in creating such a friendly and helpful community :heavy_heart_exclamation: Greate job champions! Happy new year! :star_struck:

4 Likes