Announcing the Community Champions for this week!

Thanks a lot for the appreciation, Nityesh! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Congratulations all! :star: :trophy:

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh! Great work everyone!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the special recognition , Nityesh! and congratulations to all the champions.

1 Like

Please join me in congratulating our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

• @vera.olive who shared a fantastic project Exploring Ebay Car Sales Data.

Vera shared an amazing well-structured and easy-to-follow work, with perfect emphasizing of the most important details, interesting observations and insights, and cool storytelling style in general.

• @radiofireworks shared a great project on Visualizing Earnings Based On College Majors.

They conducted a profound data analysis and represented the results in a perfectly organized and super well-commented and well-illustrated project. What’s more, they took into account the suggestions from the Community and updated their project accordingly.

Both @vera.olive and @radiofireworks have recently joined the Community but their projects are already great :star:

Guided Project reviewers:

@Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 took time to provide detailed feedback on Guided Projects shared in the Community. :heart:

Alternate solutions:

Thank you all for participating in our Community! :heart:

I am glad to reward each of you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champions badge in our Community :medal_sports:

5 Likes

Thank you very much @nityesh for the recognition and congratulations to all the champions…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Nityesh! Great job champions! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the recognition! :slight_smile:

Do I get a week of premium subscription even if my current subscription is free? Or is it only for current premium subscribers? I started using DQ only recently, so I’m still doing the free Python courses.

1 Like

Yes, you get a free week of subscription even if you are on the free plan currently! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @nityesh, and thank you @Elena_Kosourova for all your help!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @nityesh! This is very encouraging!

1 Like

This week our Community Champions shared a lot of interesting projects.

Here they are: :tada:

Personal Project

@artur.sannikov96 shared a project that he did with his colleague - History of Video Games in the Last 40 Years.

In this project, they used their data analytics skills to analyze a video game dataset and answer interesting questions like:

• What is the most successful video game in history?
  • What is the most successful publisher?
  • What is the most successful game franchise?
  • What is the historical development of publishers, game platforms, and genres?

Guided Project sharers

• Another great project from @gosaints, on Popular Data Science Questions.

They tweaked the original topic making it more focused and made a lot of extra steps, such as using wordcloud library, creating co-occurrence matrix, investigating deep learning questions growth rate and questions by month. As usual, awesome plots, interesting observations, conclusion and methodology summary.

• @Elena_Kosourova also shared another amazing project on Investigating Fandango Movie Ratings.

She reproduced all the elements of FiveThirtyEight style with a high precision for creating beautiful plots, compared Fandango to the other movie aggregators including both rating distribution shapes and summary statistics, and used pretty-printing for displaying tabular data.

Guided Project reviewers

Finally, a shoutout to @Basti and @brayanopiyo18 for giving helpful, actionable feedback on their peers’ projects! :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @nityesh! Good job Champions;)

Happy coding everyone :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Nityesh! :star_struck: Congratulations to all the champions! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thank you and congratulations to everyone!

3 Likes

Thank you @nityesh! Great job everyone!

2 Likes

Thank you @nityesh for the special recognition and congratulations to all the other champions.

1 Like

Hey Champs,

We are in the middle of changing our subscription management tool. So, there will be some delay in giving y’all the extension this week. I expect to give everyone the free subscription by the end of this week.

Sorry for the delay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re recognising a lot of new writers this week. Join me in giving a shoutout to this week’s Community Champions: :tada:

Dataquest Writers

Congratulations on writing some awesome articles, folks! Hoping to read more from you in the coming weeks. :slight_smile:

Personal Project Sharer

@jmerrell247 shared a personal project that they recently completed in which they analysed the 538 data set of club soccer prediction to see how good they are.

Guided Project Sharer

@jesmaxavier shared a cool Guided Project on Analyzing CIA Factbook data.

It stands out for its perfect structure including navigation, cover image and the acknowledgement section, intriguing subtitles, interesting-to-follow storytelling style, and references to amazing side articles throughout the project.

Guided Project reviewer

Again, I would like to give my deepest thanks to @Elena_Kosourova and @brayanopiyo18 for reviewing Guided Projects in the community. :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @nityesh , congratulations to the other champions!

1 Like