BLACK FRIDAY EXTRA SAVINGS EVENT - EXTENDED
START FREE

Answering Business Questions Using SQL With Charts

Hello :smiley:

I wanted to share my project. It was one of the most difficult projects I did. Surely I will check it out, from time to time, to feel that all concepts are more flowless to me. I think it’s very important, because, without that feeling of deep understanding, it can be hard to decide what’s the best approach for a particular problem in real life.

Answering Business Questions Using SQL

9. Answering Business Questions Using SQL With Charts.ipynb (413.1 KB)

It was challenging to not burn out with this work. It’s always hard to handle some new concepts of work with a new language, as the SQL has been seen by me (like that). But I know that with time, SQL as Pandas will be second nature to me… So, it’s time for a little break now, take a walk, see a dancing cat and then get back to the next SQL section related to the command line.

It’s early (2 a.m.) so, plenty of time for further studying tonight :sunglasses:

oh, and thanks for all folx that help me with understanding many strange and abstract concepts, especially thanks to:
@hanqi who help me dig much deeper into SQL concepts.
@Elena_Kosourova who made a great project which help me understand better-told tasks.
@the_doctor who never lose hope and willingly reminds us that we can do more than we think we can…

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @drill_n_bass,

Thanks for sharing another cool project with the Community, and I’m especially glad that my project on the same topic was useful for your work too! :star_struck: You did a really great job and dug deeper into the data obtaining a lot of curious insights. I liked a lot of things in your project: helpful and insightful visualizations, efficient SQL code formatting, rounding output numbers, interesting storytelling, the overall project structure. My favorite part of your analysis is the chapter about Employee Sales Performance. Well done indeed!

Some suggestions from my side:

• Add a project title and a conclusion section. Also, I’d sugest you to add a section Way forward, where to put the last 2 sentences from the current version of your project (by the way, those were really cool observations!).
  • It’s better to avoid too detailed technical explanations in the body of the project, or at least make them laconic and put as code comments. I mean, for example, this phrase at the beginning of your project: To run SQL queries in Jupyter Notebook, we have to add %%sql on its own line to the start of our query. Or your readers already know how to do it, or they will understand it directly from your code, or it’s their problem :smiley:
  • The code cell [3]: in the output, I see also the “views” that actually were not created at that step of the project. Since here we’re interested only in the initial information, I’d suggest you to restart kernel first and only then to re-run the whole project.
  • The code cells [11] and [13]. Remove the commented-out pieces of code and consider creating a function for both plots in each case. Moreover, I think, you can even create a function for all the bar plots in your project.

Hope my ideas were helpful. Keep learning and good luck with your future projects!

Ah, and congratulations on winning the Writing Contest! :partying_face: