Any person from Europe?

Hi there!

This is my first post in the community, so I apologize if this isn’t rightly flaged :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

So, my point is… I’ve observed that there are many persons from the USA, but I’m writing you from Spain, and I was curious about if there is anybody out there from my country or close. Maybe we could establish a network and owrk with each other, I suppose that would help us to develop our skills!

Hi everybody!

12 Likes

Your category and tag were correct! Great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey. I’m from Ukraine. Not very close to Spain but still in Europe :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi!
I’m Christopher from Austria… also not really close to Spain, however, definitely in Europe :yum:

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am from Germany, actually Munich, so pretty south and closeby :smiley:

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I’m from Romania. Definitely in Europe!
Starting to learn Python about 7 months ago. No previous experience on coding.
Until now I only managed to put together some scrapers - Selenium, BS and Pandas for converging data.
Now I’m looking for some web development projects.
My dreams are on Machine Learning. Until then, still learning.

Nice to meet you all here!

2 Likes

Hello everybody, nice to meet you :slight_smile: I’m from Madrid, Spain

Hello from Poland :slight_smile: I’d give a lot to be in Spain right now :sweat_smile:
Nice to meet you all

Hello, Catalina. I would recommend you to avoid Selenium when writing web scrapers and mainly use requests, requests_html. This will allow you to better understand the web and it is definitely much faster and more scalable than Selenium.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. But I encountered some links with href: javascript doPostBack () And I needed the html from those inner pages. Selenium was the only one to manage a calendar and those links.
Thanks

1 Like

Perhaps you could help the requests_html library, it can render javascript using chromedriver. Perhaps these same links could be obtained in another way, javascript also takes data for its work from somewhere. Perhaps in this case Selenium was the best solution.

1 Like

Hi,
Tom from Czechia
Nice to meet you!

Hey! Portugal here ! :slight_smile:

Hi, I am from Ukraine and I am very happy to be here with you, guys!
Have a productive work!

I just moved to Berlin, Germany

Hello, I am from Turkey but living and working in Poland :slight_smile:

Hello, I am from Madrid, Spain. Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

Hi. I am from Ukraine. Meet up in Ukraine? @moriturus7 @mashakoren94

Hi, I am from London UK.

2 Likes

Hi @matt_w1988 I’m from the Netherlands :netherlands: