Hi @nityesh and others in the community:
I am currently reading a cybersecurity diploma and am deliberating whether I should specialize in Security or AI/Data Science in the university when I intend to read Computer Science. My interest in Data Science really sparked through a combination of helping others in the dataquest community, exploring dataquest and external content as well as taking up a Deep Learning Elective Module and thus, now I am addicted to data…
So I find it hard deliberating (which I guess is a good thing) which of the two I should pursue and hopefully as time passes and I gain more experience, I will be able to make the right decision.
Here are my questions for the data scientists:
- What do you enjoy about being a Data Scientist? What makes you feel accomplished as a Data Scientist?
- What led to you wanting to pursue a career in Data Science so badly? (or was it out of necessity?)
- What is one piece of advice you would give to future Data Scientist? Is it better to generalise (know a bit of the many DS/ML technologies like the various library) or be a specialist (focus on one specific technology or area and get really really good at it)?
- What qualities are especially essential for being a data scientist (besides those required for almost every job–communication, presentation, writing etc.)?
- Are there any techniques you use to de-stress from your routine and adding on to @prasadkalyan05’s point, do you feel exhausted often after a day’s of work?
- If you were to do a different job in the tech sector other than Data Science, what would it have been?
- Any advice you would have for me?
Thanks a ton for this rare opportunity!