LIMITED TIME OFFER: 50% OFF OF PREMIUM WITH OUR ANNUAL PLAN (THAT'S $294 IN SAVINGS).
GET OFFER

Best learning resources to complement Dataquest Data Science path?

Has anyone here found a good book to complement the learning path for Data Science?

The two I found through Google searches are

Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming by Eric Matthes (best-seller book on Python)

Statistics and Probability course on Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/math/statistics-probability

Thanks

2 Likes

There are a lot of interesting and useful books out there that could help with this journey.

As a general one ‘Automate the Boring Staff with Python’ is often recommended and it’s really good.

Then you might want to check answers on Quora on the same topic.

And finally, it’s better to understand what field of DS is your favorite (Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, AI with Neural Nets, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, etc) and search books on that topic.

A great place I for finding great data science content is Kaggle, in the forums. You can simply search ‘Data science books’ and you’ll find lots of great stuff. I personally enjoyed this bunch, link below.

Currently I’m stacking my Dataquest DS path with books by Allen Downey like Think Stats, Think Bayes and Models and Simulation in Python. Feel like these help bring an understanding to mathematical concepts at the same pace of learning to use Python here

These are great! Thanks for the recommendations! I hope this doesn’t get archived so more people can keep them coming.

When my Python skills are up to the task, I want to compile rankings of the best learning resources as voted on by the DS community.

1 Like

@chase.blakeley: Another resource sharing thread that you may find useful!