Best practices in making project narratives?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if there are practices that are usually applied in making narratives in data science projects? For example, I understand that generally in writing a research paper authors usually use a third-person point of view. Does the same thing apply to make the narratives in a data science project?

If so, what are other best practices that newbies like me should know in making narratives? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

hi @imari.borda2018

This is kind of an open-ended question to an extent. You will see some people/ students say you have to write in such a manner that you are able to explain a 6yr old. I quite frankly don’t agree with that. How can I expect a 6yr old who starts on DMAS to understand statistics and probability?!

The most helpful one is available here written by Alex - https://www.dataquest.io/blog/data-science-project-style-guide/

I compiled a collection you can access from here - Detailed Guides to make your Projects Professional!

hope that gives you a good start. Let us know too if you have come across similar content.

3 Likes

Thanks for this reply Rucha! Will check your provided resources :slight_smile: