Bug in the Exercise

Screen Link:

My Code:

#We have to take the equations from echelon form and change them into standard form. The equations should be:
8x + 4y = 5 and 4x + 2y = 5

The hint to the exercise has different numbers: 
8x + 4y = 5 and 2x + y = 2

# My Code:
x = np.linspace(0, 20, 1000)

y1 = 8*x - (5/4)
y2 = 4*x - (5/2)

plt.plot(x, y1, color="blue")
plt.plot(x, y2, color="blue")
plt.show()

#The Solution Code:
x = np.linspace(0, 20, 1000)
y1 = -2*x + (5/4)
y2 = -2*x + (5/2)

plt.plot(x, y1, c='blue')
plt.plot(x, y2, c='blue')

What I expected to happen:
I have the right solution, based on the numbers of the exercise, but the exercise is checking the wrong answers.

What actually happened:

My graphs look very different from the solution graphs. There are issues with the hint and the solution is using the wrong coefficients for x.

Hi @ryan.pikulski can you please provide a link to the mission? It’s difficult to figure out what you’re trying to say without context or being able to experiment with the code ourselves.

That said, it sounds like you’re describing a classic bug in the system and perhaps you should submit a ticket to have the DQ team look into it. To submit a ticket, click on the question mark up in the top right of your screen and select “Send in a ticket.”

Hey Mike,

Here you go: Learn data science with Python and R projects

I’ve looked at this there’s definitely something wrong with the hint, I’ll submit a ticket for that.

I took a look and saw I made an error dividing each side!

Most definitely, you are correct…classic typo…best submit a ticket for that!

That’s the main reason I wanted to check the link to the mission…I didn’t want to assume that you had made a typo while trying to point out a typo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good catch and thanks for submitting a ticket!