CIA Factbook Project - The factbook.db is completely empty

This is the link to the Guided project. So I have downloaded all the necessary package, including Ipython and the other sql packages. The starting code:

%%capture
%load_ext sql
%sql sqlite:///factbook.db

And it loaded without any problem. But unlike the directions, I don’t see Connected to factbook.db but there is a factbook.db file in the same directory. However, that file is completely empty. Is there something I should try?

Hi!

This code doesn´t return (and doesn´t have to) any output. What is your next code?

It should be the one to check sqlite_master contents:

%%sql
SELECT *
FROM sqlite_master
WHERE type=‘table’;

This one in theory (and in my case) returns the output saying that there are 2 tables in the database: sqlite_sequence and facts. For the project we need the second one, so any queries should be like SELECT * FROM facts

Only the column names load when I run the code - but no data. What am I missing?

You are using a different sql module to the one recommended in the project.
This code that connects to the database

%%capture
%load_ext sql
%sql sqlite:///factbook.db

works for the sqlite3 module.

I´m not familiar with the sqlalchemy, but after a quick glimpse into the tutorials, it seems that the syntax used there is a completely different one.

Hello, I’m having the same issue.

I’ve tried figuring it out on my own, but how do I make sure jupyter notebook is using the sqlite3 module instead of sqlalchemy?