Colors are not mentioned in the solution

Screen Link:
https://app.dataquest.io/m/147/improving-plot-aesthetics/6/hiding-tick-marks

My Code:

ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], women_degrees['Biology'], c= 'blue', label='Women')
ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], 100-women_degrees['Biology'], c ='green', label='Men')

ax.tick_params(bottom="off", top="off", left="off", right="off")
ax.set_title('Percentage of Biology Degrees Awarded By Gender')
ax.legend(loc="upper right")

plt.show()

Replace this line with your code
``` #solution code
fig, ax = plt.subplots()
ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], women_degrees['Biology'], label='Women')
ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], 100-women_degrees['Biology'], label='Men')

ax.tick_params(bottom="off", top="off", left="off", right="off")
ax.set_title('Percentage of Biology Degrees Awarded By Gender')
ax.legend(loc="upper right")

plt.show(

What I expected to happen:

* Generate 2 line charts in the same plotting area:
  * One that visualizes the percentages of Biology degrees awarded to women over time. Set the line color to  `"blue"`  and the label to  `"Women"` .
  * One that visualizes the percentages of Biology degrees awarded to men over time. Set the line color to  `"green"`  and the label to  `"Men"` .
* Remove all of the tick marks.
* Set the title of the plot to  `"Percentage of Biology Degrees Awarded By Gender"` .
* Generate a legend and place it in the  `"upper right"`  location.
What actually happened: 

```  color specifications are not mentioned in the answer code
Replace this line with the output/error

As per instructions, we should mention color specifications for both male and female percentages to see the differentiation in the line charts. I am just curious to know why the color specifications are not mentioned in the solution code , and it still allows to be considered as correct answer.
I just want to understand the logic behind this?
Please let me know if i am missing something here.

Thanks for your help.
Best
K!

That’s a very good question.

I just tested it out, and it seems that those two colors, blue and green are the default colors for Axes.plot() line charts.

If you interchange the two ax.plot() code lines, such that your plot for the Men label appears first -

ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], 100-women_degrees['Biology'], label='Men')
ax.plot(women_degrees['Year'], women_degrees['Biology'], label='Women')

You will notice that the colors interchange as well. Men will now be Blue and Women will now be Green. So, they are the default colors based on which plot is being plotted first.

The solution should still have those colors included as per me. I would recommend that you use the Contact Us button on the top-right side, and mention this to DataQuest. The solution should either point out the default colors, or it should explicitly define them as they are asking us to do.

Hey,
Yes, I did the cross check and observed the same things. Hence,i notified the issue to DQ team.

Thanks for your support on this.
Best
K!