Going fast! #DataquestChallenge Premium Annual Offer:
500 get 50% & the next 1000 get 40% off.
GET OFFER CODE

Comical Data Visualization in Python Using Matplotlib

Originally published at: https://www.dataquest.io/blog/comical-data-visualization-in-python-using-matplotlib/

How to make comical visualizations in Matplotlib? Explained using a Netflix Movie and TV Show dataset. Data visualization is a great way to tell a story. You can easily absorb information and identify patterns in data. One of our students decided to create a data visualization in Python using Matplotlib to understand the different types of content available on Netflix. This article will focus on using Matplotlib for data visualization in a fun way. Read the step-by-step guide that Paridhi put together. Enjoy!…

21 Likes

Wow! What a great read, Paridhi! :heart_eyes:

This is such a cool project idea with even cooler visualisations. I love the humour you’ve sprinkled throughout your article!

Amazing work!! :raised_hands: :heart:

2 Likes

Nice project and article @theparidhi0! I know you’ve been working a lot on the writing side of things and it’s paying off.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Nityesh! :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you so much Michael. This means a lot coming from you. Your advice has been invaluable and that’s helped me have fun with the writing process so much.

1 Like

Nice…
I also did EDA on a Netflix dataset (which had millions of ratings by random thousands of Netflix customers) recently, and your EDA kinda completes the picture for me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi Archit, thank you so much! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Fun work Paridhi, Kudos!!

1 Like

Hi @theparidhi0

The best part of this entire project, is it’s simplicity :heart_eyes_cat:. Just pick up a dataset, analyze and plot the analysis, et voila` an awesome project!

2 Likes

Exactly! It’s so simple yet so fun! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Such an amazing piece of work.
When visualization is done with great humour, detailed communication and bits of storytelling, driving the point home will be easier.

Kudos Paridhi on this amazing work you’ve done. :heart_eyes: :raised_hands: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @info.victoromondi :smiley:

This is amazing! Thanks you!!

2 Likes

Thank you for saying this @bvalgard ! :heart:

Congratulations, that’s some awesome data visualizations and article ideas. Those “shaking” borders and the comics in the middle of the text make the article easy and funny to read. The color palette is also impeccable, and you also showed us some new features in matplotlib. :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @vinigomesaraujo