Confusing of explanation about subplot () function

Screen Link: https://app.dataquest.io/m/523/pandas-visualizations-and-grid-charts/10/grid-charts

It seems simple but I am confused about the explanation in the lesson as below:

“Before moving on, we need to mention the table-like structure of a grid chart — it has rows and columns. The grid chart below, for instance, has three rows and two columns.”

My confusion is the example for 3 rows and 2 columns but I cannot understand how it’s 3 rows and 2 columns in the picture. Can anyone explain this for me? Many thanks

The image below shows that the plot we create has 3 rows and 2 columns:

It is created by adding subplots to our figure object using plt.subplot(nrows, ncols, index). So to create this grid chart, this command was run six times (once for each of the 6 indices).

1 Like

Thank you, I got it now. At first I thought it’s 3 rows and 2 columns for each graph and that confuses me.

I understand. I’ve been there! Plotting can be tricky. If there’s anything else that causes confusion, don’t hesitate to ask the community…we are all just trying to learn and teaching/helping others is one of the best ways to learn. Thanks for giving me this learning opportunity! :sunglasses: