Covid-19 Financial Aid Scholarship FAQs

This article is specific to scholarships given on April 24, 2020. If you still have unanswered questions after reading through this article, please email hello@dataquest.io and we’ll help to answer all your questions!

What do I have to do to receive the scholarship?

You’ll automatically receive access to all of Dataquest’s courses and projects by Thursday, April 30, 2020 . All you have to do is log in on April 30 and start learning!

What does my scholarship include?

• Three months of access at Dataquest’s Basic subscription tier, which includes all of our courses and guided projects in the Data Analyst in Python and Data Analyst in R tracks.
  • Access to Dataquest’s student community , so you can get questions and technical problems resolved quickly.

What date will my scholarship begin?

You’ll automatically receive access to all of Dataquest’s courses and projects on Thursday, April 30, 2020 .

What date will my scholarship end?

Your free access will end on July 26, 2020 . However, if you complete at least one full course between April 30 and July 21, 2020 , you will receive an extension with an additional three months of free access to the Data Analyst in Python and Data Analyst in R paths. Extensions will not be granted under other circumstances.

Here’s what your Dashboard will look like when you’ve completed a course:

You can confirm you’ve completed the course if you see this green checkmark on the dashboard screen next to a course name:

This guide to using Dataquest is a good resource for answering questions about the platform if you have them.

Will I receive a confirmation email when I complete a course?

Yes, extension confirmation emails will be sent on the following timetable:

• Thursday, May 21 (if you complete a course between April 30 and May 19)
  • Friday, June 19 (if you complete a course between May 20 and June 17)
  • Tuesday, July 14 (if you complete a course between June 18 and July 12)
  • Thursday, July 23 (everyone who qualified for the extension will be notified)

Is there an opportunity to get access to all courses and projects on Dataquest?
Yes! The most active learners (based on community participation and course completion up until July 21) will receive an upgrade to Premium access for 3 months, which will allow them to access all courses and projects.

Who can I contact if I need help with the courses?

Check out the rest of this student community for peer-to-peer support, so you can get answers to all your technical questions! While we don’t guarantee answers from the Dataquest team in the community, our community moderators and other DQ students are there regularly and try to help where we can.

Pro-tip: Use the search bar in the Community before asking - your question may have already been answered!

Who can I contact if I have questions about my account?

You can click “Contact Us” in the header above to send us a message at any time. Alternatively, you can send an email to hello@dataquest.io, or ask your question here in the community!

How can I confirm I’ve been granted the correct access for the scholarship?

Everyone who signs up for Dataquest can always see all the courses we offer on their dashboard. The difference between the scholarship access and the free account is that people with a free plan will see that some missions or modules in the Data Analyst in Python or R tracks are “locked”.

Here’s how you can verify you have the correct access. Navigate to your dashboard and choose the Data Analyst in Python track. If you don’t see the lock icon next to any mission (or module) names, then you have the correct access. Here’s a screenshot to show you what the lock icon looks like:

12 Likes