DataQuest helped me to get my dream job

Hello, Community!

I’m writing this post as a thanks note to DQ

For the last 4/5 months, I’ve decided that I wanted a job data related. Also, it was when I started doing DQ course in Python.

See, I’m an undergrad in economics. And I live in Brazil.
The types of job outlooks my colleagues have gotten never have pleased me, so I decided to study hard to work in a tech company. In other words, I had given up working in my formation field.

But, last month I saw an opportunity to work at a traditional economic consulting firm, in another state, that is becoming more tech-oriented. I’ve made their selection process and got a really bad grade in the economics test. HOWEVER, in the data analysis test, I got the biggest score and landed that job!

I’m starting next week, and I’m really excited about it. I’m going to work together with doctors and masters in economics supporting the programming and data collection/cleaning. The paycheck is huge, and I can continue to work home-office after the pandemic, which I truly prefer.

I’ve been studying economics for the past 3 years. I’ve been studying Dataquest for 4 months or so.
And, surprise. DQ helped-me get a job in an economics firm!

They asked me to learn R as they don’t use much Python.
Dataquest, here I go again!

49 Likes

Congratulations @gabriel.belle! :tada: :rocket:

This is SO exciting. Thanks so much for sharing this update with our community! :heart:

I’m so glad that we could help you transition to a career of your choice. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulation @gabriel.belle .
I think if end of the day we get what we dream off (Obliviously hard work needed ,only dreaming doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue: ) , than nothing is better than that.
Keep doing great work and good luck for your future. :+1:

4 Likes

Congrats @gabriel.belle! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!

3 Likes

Hello @gabriel.belle, congratulations on landing your dream job on such a short time. This inspiring to the DQ Community. We wish you all the best in your endeavors.

2 Likes

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing this @gabriel.belle And congratulations too.

So the moral of the story, study hard DataQuest course and land in dream job! With your post you are bringing more hope in all of us. Thank you for doing that.

5 Likes

Awesome!!!, Congratulations @gabriel.belle and thanks for sharing your story with us here… More wins :+1:

3 Likes

Congrats, @gabriel.belle!

I’m also from Brazil and trying to do the same. I’m a law graduate and it’s been hard to land a job in data. But I’ll keep going.

I wish you all the luck in your new job!

Abraços!

4 Likes

Big Congratulations @gabriel.belle .THIS IS SO INSPIRING TO US ALL WHO ARE NEW HERE AND LEARNING.

Goodluck and Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Congratulation @gabriel.belle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

congratulation @gabriel.belle ! and Wish you all success in your future endeavors.

4 Likes

That’s tremendous, good job @gabriel.belle !

2 Likes

Congratulations!! You are so inspiring. I live in the Silicon Valley lets see what I can do. From the beginning I’ve enjoyed DQ style of teaching. Before I knew it I was zooming a long. I wasn’t sure if I should grow into software development or data science. To see they’re similar with coding plus I get to enjoy the biz analytics side is what sold me. Gabriel your story has put fire in my flame :laughing: @gabriel.belle