Duplicated Information? 390-5

Screen Link: https://app.dataquest.io/m/390/text-processing/5/beware-of-sort

The text on screen 5 (Beware of Sort) of the Basic Text Processing mission is duplicated from the previous page (Sorting Files). Since screen 5 is specifically there to call out some idiosyncrasies of the sort command, it makes sense to me to keep this text and remove it from screen 4.

Edit: I just moved to screen 6 and realized that my recommendation below is included in the next screen and explains the caveat code.

I might also add to beware the sorting of numbers on screen 5. Just like the capitalization may lead to unexpected results, sorting when the first value is a number may lead to unexpected results, such as when 10 is sorted before 2, 3, 4, etc. since it starts with a 1. Maybe not absolutely necessary to point out, but I think it’s worthwhile to include.

Hey, Chris.

Thank you for this feedback.

This handled in screen 6. Is your suggestion that a caveat is included in the previous screen?

Hi Bruno,
When I posted initially, I hadn’t gone past screen 5. I just wanted to point out the duplicated text right away before I forgot about it. And while I was thinking about it, I figured the number sorting seemed to fit on screen 5, since it was a warning screen. Then I went to screen 6 and saw that the course already directly addresses that concern, so I think it’s fine. Just remove the duplicated text from screen 4. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, this escaped me! I’ll fix this immediately. The fix should be live in a few days.

Thanks!

2 Likes