Error installing Anaconda3

I’m trying to download Anaconda 3 but the initial download kept giving me an error. After troubleshooting, it was suggested that I install Miniconda first, then update from there…after doing that the update wouldn’t run.

I’ve tried redownloading and I receive a message that says “Anaconda3 is already installed in /opt/anaconda3. Use ‘conda update anaconda3’ to update Anaconda3.”

So I ran that command in Terminal as instructed and received this error: “PackageNotInstalledError: Package is not installed in prefix.
prefix: /opt/miniconda3
package name: anaconda3”

I’m really not sure where to proceed from here…any help would be massively appreciated!

Hi @jarrod.west520:

Have you tried the solutions suggested here? Let me know if it works for you. If this is beyond me I will get someone else to assist.

Hey,
I had the same problem on my Mac so I went to my terminal and typed in ‘cd …’ to back up my directory to my hard drive . After doing that I typed in ’ ls’ to see the directories under my hard drive then I choose my opt directory by typing in ‘cd opt’ then I typed in ‘ls’ again to show the files under opt so it showed me anaconda3 afterwards I typed in ‘ls’ that showed me the files under anaconda3 then I typed in ‘open Anaconda-Navigator.app’.
Worked for me hope it works for you !

1 Like