Exploring Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94

Hello guys,
I just completed my 4th guided project. I will appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance

https://app.dataquest.io/c/95/m/524/guided-project%3A-finding-heavy-traffic-indicators-on-i-94/10/next-steps

I-94 traffic.ipynb (363.3 KB)
Link to project

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @lekanestyve,

Thanks for sharing your project with the Community. You’ve done a good job! Interesting observations, smooth storytelling, clear project goal, all the necessary links are present, cool emphasizing of the most important things. Also, I liked that you put a table with column names in a comprehensible form at the beginning of the project.

Some suggestions from my side:

• When the project is already completed, don’t forget to re-run it to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1.
  • Avoid too obvious code comments, e.g. # importing the required libraries, # Read the dataset.
  • You might consider rounding the outputs of the code cells [119], [129], [134], [147].
  • Since you create several plots of different types, you can create a function for each plot type to avoid code repetition.
  • To increase data-ink ratio of your visualizations, consider removing redundant elements from them: spines, ticks, in some cases even axis labels (e.g. from the plots from [160] and [161] you can remove y-axis labels). Always add a title to each plot. Add axis labels if they are necessary.
  • The code cell [163]: you can add the parameter alpha to tune the point transparency.
  • The code cell [114]: remove empty lines.
  • Conclusion: you have the number 1 repeated twice in the main list, please fix it

I hope my suggestions were useful. Happy learning! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Elena_Kosourova ,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to go through my project. I found your observations and comments very insightful, and I learned a lot from them. I will do the necessary modifications to the project and make sure to implement the suggestions you mentioned in my next project.

Thank you once more

1 Like