Fandango Site User Score's Analysis

Hi,

I would like to share the last guided project I finished. This project is about analyzing the Fandango rating site user scores.

I will greatly appreciate your feedbacks.

here is the URL of the project:

And since I am not able to upload the .ipynb file (it will take forever to upload), I am giving here the GitHub address for the .ipynb file:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @ghafourm, you did very good work in your analysis, I like the way you took it step by step in your analysis of everything, however, there are some things I’d like to point attention to if you don’t

• kindly elaborate more on the introduction
  • you need to state some more things you observed from each analysis
  • work more on your visualization it is a bit shabby.
  • your markdown needs to be properly arranged

cheers and keep learning

Hi OlutohiJohn,

Thank you for your input. I greatly appreciate that.

Cheers,

ghafourm

1 Like

Hi @ghafourm,

About not being able to upload the ipynb file, it seems to be an issue with the platform. Could you please report it to the Technical Support Team of Dataquest? Just click the ? button in the upper-right corner of the platform screen where you detected this issue, click Report an Issue, describe the problem, and send the ticket. Thanks!

Hi Elena_Kosourova,

Thanks a lot for the information. I am going to do it in my next post.
Another issue I noticed is about the graphics using Jupyter. When matplotlib is imported, the graphic object is created but not displayed unless you enable inline plotting (%matplotlib inline). I don’t have this problem when I run tthe same code on Jupyter on other platforms.

Cheers

1 Like

@ghafourm,

Do you mean the object isn’t displayed even after using plt.show()?

Hi,

I checked again and I think the issue is resolved and the graphics are displayed fine. Few days ago, when I tried without %matplotlib inline the graphic objects were created, and after plt.show() it didn’t show the graphics but some warning messages like the ones I pasted below.

dataquest/system/env/python3/lib/python3.4/site-packages/plotly/matplotlylib/renderer.py:390: UserWarning:

Bummer! Plotly can currently only draw Line2D objects from matplotlib that are in ‘data’ coordinates!

/dataquest/system/env/python3/lib/python3.4/site-packages/plotly/matplotlylib/renderer.py:487: UserWarning:

I found a path object that I don’t think is part of a bar chart. Ignoring.

Thanks.

1 Like

Great that you’ve managed to fix this issue, @ghafourm! :+1: