Blue Week Special Offer | Brighten your week!
days
hours
minutes
seconds

FEEDBACK: Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Hey All, I just completed my first guided project. As a beginner, I can say this was a tough challenge. I’ll admit the solution notebook was a lifesaver, but so was reviewing previous lessons and searching for answers.

I’m looking for feedback on this project. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/1/analyzing-mobile-app-data

Profitable Apps.ipynb (145.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hello @jeprim!

Congratulations on sharing your first project, it is an important step in your learning path!

What I liked:

• Code comments. It is very important to document your code because other people will understand it better, but it’s also important for future you if you ever want to review the code again with new knowledge and experience:) Even though, sometimes it’s a bit redundant it’s a good practice to start commenting, with time and experience you will improve this skill. Here a good guide to commenting in Python.
  • A lot of links to documentation of the datasets
  • Clear explanation of your steps

What can be improved:

• Title the project
  • Provide a more detailed introduction. It’s not very clear what’s is the main goal of the project
  • Document the functions. You can use docstrings. It will be especially useful for the function explore_data that has multiple arguments
  • Reduce the number of shown categories/apps, etc. Maybe show the TOP 10, it will improve the readability
  • Conclusion is okay but maybe you want to expand it a bit, motivate better the choice. You can also repeat that the company should develop the Android version of the game and if it brings profits, develop the iOS version

Happy coding :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi @artur.sannikov96 ,

It’s been a while, but I decided to restart most of this guided project. It allowed me to better understand some of the concepts and regain familiarity with python. The project is mostly the same, but made some tweaks when I restarted. It’s definitely not necessary for you to leave any feedback, but this was mainly for my own sake.

Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets v2.ipynb (181.3 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hello @jeprim! Once I have time, I will check it out:)