Feedback Request for Guided Project 1: Analyzing Profitable App Profiles

Hello! This is my first guided project and after seeing another student’s project, I decided to have some fun with mine too!
And I have to say that I’m still young and inexperienced, so please pardon any mistakes that seems so stupid. However, it would be great if you would point that out and give me critical feedback, especially on my analysis. Thank you!

Here’s a link to the last mission screen of the guided project: https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/14/next-steps

Guided Project 1.ipynb (141.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

9 Likes

hi @frencielanggi02

Wow! interesting conversations there in the project.

Just one suggestion (I understand there may not be an explicit instruction for it), try to print the first top items when showing the result of an analysis.

There is one list that takes almost half of the entire project length and makes the reader continuously scroll to read the next part.

Happy learning!

2 Likes

hey! thankyou very much for your reply!
I didn’t notice that because in the notebook it doesn’t really show the real length of the list and I could just scroll it down immediately :sweat_smile: :sob:

I’ll be sure to fix that! Thankyou!!

1 Like

Hello!

Congratulations on your first guided project!

I’m so happy to see that my format inspired yours! It’s really fun to have more ‘for fun’ projects :smiley:

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

@bounski Hello!

Thankyou so much for the inspiration :laughing: :pray: I had so much fun doing this project thanks to you!

hello @Rucha!

Sorry for replying once again, but I wanted to ask if it is possible to edit my ipynb file in the post above to the new, revised one? I tried but couldn’t find a way… if it’s possible please tell me! :blush:

hi @frencielanggi02

try re-upload and changing the title to say - Updated / Modified Version. The re-upload should work (basically delete this file from the post above and then attache the newer one.). Let me know if it doesn’t work.

thankyou for your reply @Rucha

I re-upload and created a new topic :joy:(I hope I did that right) but it didn’t work…
If it’s not possible, I’ll just let this be and delete the updated ver

Thank you!

What an outstanding way to communicate your findings to the audience. One small change that I woud like to give is to format your numbers in nearest hundreds and sort your results into descending order in " Hottest Apps in the App Store" header :D.

I really loved what you did and will apply this on my own in my future projects

1 Like

Hi!

Thank you very much for your feedback and compliment! This really made my day! :pray: :laughing:

I have just finished my first project and was looking for people who have already posted about this project. I have found the friend you mentioned in this post. I liked that style and then I found your project and it is even more interesting.

I think I am also going to try this style in my upcoming projects if possible. It is a great way to engage even a non-technical end user or even make them want to study more about this field. You’ve done a great job with your project. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @jithins123!

Thank you for your kind words! The truth is I made it like this because I, myself, have just started learning about python and data science, a total beginner you could say. So, making it in this style helps not only to motivate others, but myself!

I’m very touched by your compliments! :relaxed: Thank you!

2 Likes