Feedback requested: Guided Project: Exploring eBay Car Sales Data

Hi Guys! I request all members to look at my work. Please feel free to take help and provide your valuable feedback!
Let’s grow together! :smile:
regards,
Ali
https://app.dataquest.io/c/54/m/294/guided-project%3A-exploring-ebay-car-sales-data/9/next-steps
Here is my notebook
Exploring Ebay Car Sales Data.ipynb (209.5 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @rizvey.ma! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community. I looked through the project and I liked that you have very neat bullet-listed observation after each code cell. They are very easy to read:)

I also liked that you left comments on your code that is very important for its undestanding (for other people but also future you!).

Also well done on using docstring in the function date_dist!

Here are some suggestions:

• Clarify the objections of the project. What questions do you want to answer?
  • Some code is not commented, so it’s was not immediately clear what it does
  • You can limit the number of headings (like not need to separate “Loading dataset” and “Importing Libraries”
  • You can greatly improve docstring. You can see examples of it in pandas or numpy docs
  • You do not say anything about some things that you discover. Like what about crawling dates? We just see them but there are no comments from your part
  • Why do you exclude all cars under 100 dollars? I believe there will be some that might have a lower price
  • You analyze the top 6 brands but what do you want to know?
  • You do not say anything about the most popular models in the conclusions. Why?

That’s it for me! Happy coding :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much for such an appreciative and constructive response.

I am going to rectify the areas you spotted very soon.

In the meanwhile, I am working on Guided-Project 1 in a way that provides extensive comments on every line of code. (As you know and might remember there are lots of dictionaries involved and the project is tackled with pretty ‘raw’ python)

I will be doing so for upcoming members.

I have already completed my Data Scientist’s path. Just giving the final touches to my projects and sharing them here.

Thanks a lot @artur.sannikov96
I hope you will enjoy my upcoming uploads.

Thanks a lot for such a brilliant and spot on feedback :smile:

Regards,
Ali

Hi @rizvey.ma! Comments are good, just do not exaggerate:) Some code is very straightforward and does not require any comment.

Good luck with your future projects!