Files loaded in Jupyter

Hello,

I am currently working on the following mission/course:

“Guided Project: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.”

It is in “Data Scientist In Python” course.

I have the following questions:

1. I deleted a few rows from the data file (googleplaystore.csv) for cleaning. Jupyter saved the file automatically. I am wondering how may I have the original file (with all the rows including the ones deleted by me) loaded into Jupyter. I want to re-run the code on the original file.

2. Where can I find the data files that are being used by Jupyter. In the code we say open(‘googleplaystore.csv’). What is the location of ‘googleplaystore.csv’ ?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @sky2380,

I assume that you are saying that you deleted a few rows after reading the CSV file and storing it as a list. In this case, you didn’t make any changes to the original dataset. You can reread the file and make sure you don’t run any code that removes useful rows.

The dataset file is located in the same directory as the notebook file. That is why you can load it just by using the filename. To download the dataset file, please click the Download button at the top of the Jupyter Notebook interface on our platform.

jupyter_guided_project_download.png

This will download a .tar file that contains both your notebook file and the required datasets.

Let me know if you have modified the actual .csv files.

Best,
Sahil

Thank you very much for your answer!

1 Like