Finally landed a job with data analysis in the job description

Hello everyone,

I think good news should always be shared in a motivational purpose! Yesterday, after MONTHS of self-learning and rejections, I have finally got my first “that is impressive” at an interview. Things are not completely done but I should become in a few weeks a “customer success strategist” that involves at 40% of data analysis (SQL, Excel and Tableau) in the job description. The job is a tribrid between SEA Manager/Account Manager and Data Analyst. Basically, I’ll have for mission to help retain current customers by analysing their data, their industry data, make them tell a story by using the insights and give the customers advice to improve their online campaigns.

It is not exactly a Data Scientist position but it is a first step! I spent months applying for jobs as Junior Data Analyst only to get rejection emails because I did not have the right diploma (I come from a sales and marketing background). Good thing about this job, I’ll work directly with a data scientist to learn a maximum in the hopes of become a full data analyst within the company by next year!

Keep faith and do not hesitate into related to data jobs before landing to what you truly aspire.

52 Likes

Congratulations buddy. :tada:

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Awesome! :+1:t2: @loicchamplong
Congratulations for your new role :clap:t2:

3 Likes

Congratulations. Good luck for the new journey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m nearly in the exact same boat as you were, just haven’t gotten an offer yet. I would love to hear more about the path you took up until the offer. Please let me know if you’d like to share email addresses!

2 Likes

congratulation! all the best.

1 Like

Congratulations! Happy for your accomplishment.

1 Like

Congratulations! I also wanna join you guys - please let me know if you want to share email addresses too.

1 Like

Hello @loicchamplong,

Such an inspiring post! Congratulations! I hope to join you guys soon.

1 Like

Wow, congratulations to you. Hopefully you’d have a platform to grow at the job.

Best Wishes…

1 Like

Congrats @loicchamplong!!

I’m happy for your aaccomplishment.

1 Like

Congratulations! You motivate people in similar condition (here finance background) :smiley: Greetings!

1 Like

With finance you should be more than ok! This background is extremely important for data analysis in my country (Switzerland).