Going fast! #DataquestChallenge Premium Annual Offer:
500 get 50% & the next 1000 get 40% off.
GET OFFER CODE

First guided python project

This is my first guided python project. It’s my first coding experience, so I pretty much followed the solution notebook. Please do give your feedback and valuable constructive criticism.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/350/guided-project%3A-profitable-app-profiles-for-the-app-store-and-google-play-markets/13/most-popular-apps-by-genre-on-google-play

Quest_for _profitable_app (2) (1).ipynb (73.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Hello @aashaydabli96! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community:) You have a very good project with in-depth analytics and the great motivation of your choice. You are the first one I’ve ever seen who recommended apps for the local shop owners, well done:)

Here are some suggestions:

• Do not copy from DataQuest! Try to paraphrase what they say in the GP, you are more than capable to write compelling texts
  • Leave links to data sets you used and Google Play data set discussion about the incorrect data point
  • Write code comments, they will help to understand what exactly your code does
  • Leave out technical details in Markdown, if you need to write it, do it as commends in code cells. Concentrate on storytelling in Markdown
  • Limit the length of lists (of apps, etc.), maybe concentrate on the first 10-20 entries to improve the readability
  • Set the most important parts of the story to bald

The rest is great, I think. Happy coding :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

P.S. You can read this guide on how to improve the project’s style

1 Like