I went back to polish my first project so that I can use it in a portfolio someday soon. Really interested to know how valuable this is from an employer perspective. Is this anywhere close to something I should put on a resume, or just keep it in my pocket for the experience?
AppStoreFinal.ipynb (36.7 KB)
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your project with Dataquest’s community. The whole project looks great, the tittle well displayed, the introduction is very informing, the codes well worked, the subheadings well detailed. Keep it up mate for the good work.
Really interested to know how valuable this is from an employer perspective. Is this anywhere close to something I should put on a resume, or just keep it in my pocket for the experience?
Honestly the project looks great and well worked on and it can serve you a good resume. However , have got some humble suggestions to make;
- You need to recheck the title, it should be under 15 words as this will give the employer easy time not to read the title again and again to understand what you want to say.
- Considering that you want to use it in your portfolio, I don’t think it’s okay to have the word ‘guided’, actually Dataquest doesn’t limit you when you are doing the project , the guidance offered are optional, you can go your way as long as the aim and goal are served. Otherwise the employer will kind of have doubtful thoughts whether the project is really yours.
- Also what you have provided as ‘actual purpose’, in the introduction, you can instead frame it as approach you will take to to reach the goal, I think the information does not serve the employer that well, considering if he/she has no idea in programming.
- You ought to have included the summary of the results in the introduction, this will somehow motivate the employer to get in depth in your project, having them in the conclusion is not enough.
- Recheck on data cleaning for example, displaying non-english apps in the dataset is another best approach besides the explanations given , remember some employers maybe interested to see some of these apps which are non-english.
Otherwise congratulations mate for having completed the project, wishing you the best in your upcoming projects , by the way, Dataquest has got some excellent style guide for projects , you can check through here