First time post , Inquiry about Data scientist path and projects related to energy : oil/renewables

Hello , this is my first ever post . My name is Abdulkarim and I finished electrical engineering and finished the free python for data scientist path . I want to ask if the projects you do later on is from your own choice. I am interested in projects related to energy/oil/renewables and I am thinking of subscribing for the monthly plan . Is there projects in those topics here and if someone is already ahead and did projects on this topics can you dm me .

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1 Like

Hello @Abdulkreem , welcome to the community!

The guided projects at the end of the courses are suggested by Dataquest and, unfortunately, I do not think there’s one of them about the topics you mentioned.

However, the purpose of such projects is for you to practice what you’ve learned in the lessons. You don’t need to (and should not) restrict yourself to these projects.

I think going after topics that actually interest you is a great way to keep yourself motivated during the learning process. I have done projects about sports and solar energy production myself, for example, because that’s what I wanted to do.

Although we should not expect to find a data science course in which the projects match our interests, I can assure you that Dataquest will not stand in your way to do whatever projects you want to.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback

1 Like