Function Help Please!

Hello,

I’m having trouble with functions. I went through and tonight reread the functions basics lesson, but when I begin the practice problems I don’t know how to begin the function’s definition (the body of the function after def) and find myself either getting a hint or peeking at the answer and working backwards from that. I don’t want to continue to do this. But, it’s frustrating because I’m not exacly sure what I’m missing. When I read the lesson text I understand it, but when it comes to the problem set for this lesson…crickets. Maybe I have trouble breaking exactly what the problem is asking me to do into smaller steps and then translating those steps into a function.

But, I don’t want to keep peeking. I’m trying to career transition into this field so I’ll need to know this. Can anyone recommend anything to help me? Atdditional resources/tutorials? Something.

Thanks,

Erin

Hi @erin

this is based on my assumption that you are new to programming. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
You can start with w3schools.com if you find the DQ content a bit overwhelming (although it maybe not, but here comes the assumption).

the below link is for Python Functions topic from w3schools.com. you can start from here and then look for more complex work on functions.

https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_functions.asp

hope this helps you somewhat.

regards