GP _ Building Fast Queries on a CSV

Greetings !

Here goes the 10th guided project of my Dataquest journey.
A sound knowledge about these algorithms add great value and enhance my codes !

Do go through and comment :smile:

Cheers!
Building Fast Queries on a CSV.ipynb (28.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @shubhkirti.prasad,

Congratulations on completing the 10th DQ project, that’s a great pace of learning! :star_struck:

Could you please fix one major technical issue and reload the project? It seems that the main body of the whole work is repeated 2 times (i.e., from the middle of the project everything repeats the first half). Just open the project, search Building Fast Queries on a CSV and scroll down a bit, you’ll understand what I mean. After fixing and reloading, I’ll review your work and give you my feedback! For now I can’t, I have ripples in my vision because of this duplication :sweat_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @Elena_Kosourova,

I have corrected the error by uploading the file once again. I have no clue what happened there :upside_down_face:
I apologize for all the ripples in your vision :joy:

1 Like

Hi @shubhkirti.prasad,

Now that I’m back after my dizziness because of the initial version of your project ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), I can give you a more informative feedback! :star_struck: I liked plenty of things in your work! Perfect project strucure and iterative testing of the class being created, very good emphasizing throughout the project (especially introducing bold font in printed messages, this is my favorite! :heart_eyes_cat:), clean and easy-to-follow code, and cool function naming! Well done!

Some suggestions from my side, hopefully helpful:

• It’s better to avoid obvious code commenting (#importing the required libraries, # creating a class for the inventory with a constructor).
  • In the chapter on Business Problem some confusion happened with the fonts: in the beginning, bold and italic styles are used without much necessity.
  • When referring to a string data in a code cell, it’s better to use a uniform style of quote marks: or only single, or only double.
  • In the sections on Speed comparison, you probably can consider using a function for both cases, since the code is rather similar in both cases.
  • It’s better to import the random library in the beginning, together with the others.

As you see, this time nothing catastrofic! :wink: Great job indeed, good luck with your future projects!

1 Like

Hey @Elena_Kosourova

Thanks a lot for your wonderful insights!

• I used fonts in the business problem section to emphasise on the actual question rather than the example provided along with it.

I will make sure that I implement your suggestions !

Thanks again! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like