GP: Clean And Analyze Employee Exit Survey

Hello everyone, I have just finished working on the guided project that is Cleaning and Analyzing Employees Exit Surveys.This project took me days to complete, which to me is a good experience since it has level up my understanding more so in method of transforming data.
Having said that,I am pleading with you guys to have a look at my project. I welcome all suggestions and contributions. For the likes,have no otherwise but to appreciate.

here is screen link

exit_survey.ipynb (159.5 KB)

1 Like

exit_survey.ipynb (159.5 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @brayanopiyo18,

Thanks for sharing your project! I looked through it, and it looks nice, clean and well-organized. Good job!

Some observations from my side:

• Avoid stating obvious things in markdown cells or comments, like about importing libraries, printing the first rows with head() and avoiding SettingWithCopy warning). Also, it’s better to use participles in code comments rather than “let’s”, for example “renaming columns” rather than “let’s rename columns”.
  • A good practice is to re-run the project when it’s already finished, to have all the cells in order. The last cell is empty and has to be removed.
  • The second question stated in the introduction was not considered in the project. It has to be removed from the introduction then. Well, or, alternatively, has to be answered :blush:
  • Be careful for typos, including sometimes using small letters instead of capitals.
  • The code cells [25] and [27] - sort_index() instead of sort_values().
  • The code cells [44], [45], [47] - an error happened, judging by the red warnings. I am not sure, but probably it happened because of dropna=False. Also, in the cell [44] you can combine astype("float") with the code line above.
  • It’s better to despine the plot, remove the legend and ticks (top, right and bottom). I would also remove the first 2 words from the title.
  • When dropping rows from a dataframe, it’s a good practice to reset the index afterwards:
dete_resignations = dete_resignations.reset_index(drop=True)

I hope my suggestions were helpful (otherwise why I wrote so many words :joy:). Happy learning!

2 Likes

Hi @Elena_Kosourova, am so impressed with your suggestions. Too wordy you say :grinning:, but they are very helpful. Talking about error created in cell [44]to be honest I remain so perplexed seeing the red indication and have no idea how to go about it.
in cell [45] and [47] I forgot to apply copy() method in my dataframe thus rendering the SettingWithCopyWarning.
I didn’t know that reset_index applies as well when dropping the rows from dataframe,I thought it’s only helpfull in groupby() ,thanks for the new idea!
Talking about the last cell in almost all my project remaining empty, I don’t know how to describe this petty mistake , but I promise not to pardon.

Moving forward, I’ll try and accommodate all your suggestions in my projects. Otherwise thanks once more for your concern.

1 Like