GP6: analysis of employee exit surveys

Hi all,

I’ve completed another GP, this time i’ve been analyzing (as a lot of people before me :slight_smile: ) the employee exit surveys.

Check it out if you like and some feedback is always very much appreciated!

https://app.dataquest.io/c/60/m/348/guided-project%3A-clean-and-analyze-employee-exit-surveys/11/next-steps

Clean and Analyze Employee Exit Surveys.ipynb (311.0 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @leonhekkert! Thanks for sharing another project with the Community:) As previously you have a nice and easy-to-follow project (although not that as the previous project).

Personally, I liked how you managed to put all the information coming from the data exploration into one table. I learned something new thanks to you:)

Some suggestions from my side:

• You have plenty of typos, correct them
  • I believe you copied the introduction from DataQuest. If it’s true, could you paraphrase it to make the project more unique?
  • Well done on commenting on the code, but towards the end, you stopped doing it. Sometimes it’s been a bit hard to understand your code
  • The function year_cat seems pretty complicated. I don’t understand some parts of the code. Like why do you use isinstance? You should write a couple of comments that explain the main two parts of the function
  • Plots are nice but it took me some time to figure out what “relative” means. Do you believe it’s necessary?
  • You should switch the titles and subtitles. The title should give a general idea of what’s the plot about while the subtitle should inform the reader what’s the most important piece of information
  • The “absolute” plots don’t have correct x tick labels (I believe they are percentages)

I hope my suggestions are helpful. Happy coding and good luck with your next projects @leonhekkert :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @artur.sannikov96,

thanks for giving so much valuable feedback once again on one of my guided projects!
I will look into it and come back ASAP.

1 Like