Going fast! #DataquestChallenge Premium Annual Offer:
500 get 50% & the next 1000 get 40% off.
GET OFFER CODE

Guided Project 01: Profitable application profiles

Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.ipynb (83.8 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello @dadp2551! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community:) I hope my feedback is not too late. I read through it and really liked how you thoroughly explained each step of the project. You’ve also left links to the documentation, data sets, and Google Play discussion about the wrong entry. You have also decided to look on Google Play to understand better the data you are working with, it’s so great that you also did some background research:)

The analysis is also excellent. You’ve noticed the important fact that many categories are dominated by just a few players and these are not the best places to build an app in. You also motivate very well your choice of creating an app version of a book/graphical novel.

I have only a few suggestions:

• SInce it’s the first project, it’s OK to have tecnhical description of functions/code in Markdown. However, for the future projects, try to concentrate on storytelling and leave technical stuff in code cells
  • Comment on your code, explain what it does. Sometimes, it’s not obvious:) You can use docstrings to explain what each function does and what parameters it requires
  • Limit the length of the output, the most important things are almost always at the top of the list

I think, that’s it. It is an excellent project and I think it may be showcased in the Community Champion contest! What do you think @nityesh?

Happy coding @dadp2551!

P.S. I also saw that you greatly improved in your latest project :slight_smile: Well done

2 Likes

I agree! I’ll add it as a candidate to the next announcement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @artur.sannikov96 !

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate your suggestions. In fact, I am reviewing the topics that I have already advanced before and at the same time I am also correcting the guided projects that I have already submitted. I will soon correct the guided project N° 01 and I will take your recommendations very much into account.

Have a nice day!

Happy coding!

1 Like