LIMITED TIME OFFER: 50% OFF OF PREMIUM WITH OUR ANNUAL PLAN (THAT'S $294 IN SAVINGS).
GET OFFER

Guided_Project_1: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets - TG

Hi Guys,

I am sharing my first guided project about Profitable App Profiles.

I would gladly appreciate any feedback on the structure, code and findings.

Cheers and have a nice day!

URL to the last mission screen: Learn data science with Python and R projects

Uploaded notebook:
TG_GuidedProject1_AppStore.ipynb (83.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @tgusciora! Thanks for sharing your project. I liked that you attempted to comment on the code, which is very important for the reproducibility and readability. Well done on recommendations, they are very short and straight-to-the-point, often conclusions and recommendations are there only things a user reads in the project.

A few suggestions from my side:

• Try to add a bit more title sections (like the first one could be “Data Cleaning”)
  • Explain why you make the project’s choices: why do you delete entry 10473? Why do you delete non-English apps and games? Why do you choose only free apps?, etc…
  • Make sure you follow the same code style along the project. It’s also better if you adhere to “official” Python guidelines (using PEP-8, or Black, etc.
  • Have a look at this style guide, it will help you greatly improve your project by making a few modifications
  • Divide the code into logical blocks (just one empty line between blocks of code will greatly improve readability)
  • You attempted to use docstring, that’s great! But have a look at how they are written correctly here. And have a look at pandas GitHub, they have excellent documentation of functions by using docstrings
  • Correct typos
  • Limit the number of displayed output rows, you only need the first few ones to get the most important data

This is it for me. Happy coding and good luck for your next projects :smile:

2 Likes

Typo at the heading of your last paragraph, some people are going to read ONLY that paragraph, so always check that one and polish it properly (btw I usually also mess it up, cause I’m tired or sth :rofl: and that’s the one thing I shouldn’t mess up)

I’d put all my imports at the top, like mentioned here:

different people have different ‘styles’ of notebooks so it’s wise to read a few different guides and decide what you want to apply in your work

PS at line: In [27]: zostawiłeś komentarze po polsku, popraw na ang! pzdr

2 Likes