Guided Project 1: Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets

Dear all,

You will find attached my first Python project about Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

First Project.ipynb (61.6 KB)

Thanks
Emmeline

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi Emmeline,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your project! :star_struck:

You did a great job! Your project shows a good structure, clean code, interesting markdown explanations and insights. And it’s a good idea to emphasize in bold the most important ideas.

Just a few suggestons from my side for your consideration:

• It’s better to re-run the project when it’s already completed, to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1.
  • When you refer to some column names in markdown text (or when you want to put a piece of code in markdown), a good idea is to enclose such a name into backticks (``), to improve its readability.
  • The code cell [1]: if you have your csv file in the same folder as your notebook (which is always a good practice to follow), then you don’t have to write the whole path to the file to open it, just its name is enough.
  • It’s better to avoid using numers, letters, or any other markers with the section subheadings: they are sometimes difficult to follow for a reader, and also for you it’s easy to make a mistake with them. Instead, you can use headings of different levels.
  • The markdown paragraph before the code cell [11]. You might consider putting the most important technical details as the comments inside the code cell itself, while leaving in markdown mostly the discussion of the results and insights.
  • Be careful to avoid typos, especially in the subheadings and titles.
  • In the markdown text before the code cell [21], there is a sentence:

Now, we would like to investigate the games that have the most users.

Here, I suppose, you wanted to say “genres” rather than “games”?

I hope my feedback was helpful to you. Good luck with your future projects and happy learning!