Guided Project 1: Profitable App Profiles for the Google Play Market

Hi everyone,

I’m a postdoc researcher who is planning to transition into the data science/engineering sector. I already have 5 years of Python experience, so I’m looking to use Dataquest to build on my knowledge and to take advantage of the guided projects to build a public portfolio. Using the first guided project as an outline I spent the last couple of days performing a surface-level analysis of profitable app profiles for the Google Play market. I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts!

In terms of feedback, I guess I’m mainly interested in whether the notebook clear and understandable. I’m generally used to quite technical and scientific writing, so having my work understood by non-experts is really important. However, any and all feedback is welcome!

I’ve provided a link to the notebook on GitHub below, which you can then open on Google Colab:

Thank you in advance for your help! This seems like a really great community! :smile:

2 Likes

@maxfmuk - This is interesting. You took a new dataset and followed your own style. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: and you have used all the advanced techniques for the first guided project itself. :+1:
I am so looking forward to all your other Dataquest guided projects.