Guided Project 2: Exploring Hacker News Posts 8/8

I am sharing my guided project 2: Exploring Hacker News Posts.

Yes, you can find answers from solution file. I am sharing this in order to show my work on 8/8 part. There I coded how to find points by hour for Ask and Show posts

Guided Project_ Exploring Hacker News Posts.ipynb (10.8 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @nazim86,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your project with us!
The code is clean and well-commented, the results are correct, good idea to use a nice displaying format in the last code cell.

Some suggestions:

• When the project is already ready, you’d better re-run the whole project to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1. It’s really important not only for aesthetical purposes but for ensuring the correctness of final results and insights: indeed, some of the code cells in your project were not run.
  • It’s better to remove any commented-out pieces of code from the final version of your projects.
  • Avoid unnecessary empty lines in the code cells: they consume the vertical space, which can become an issue in long projects.
  • Please consider adding more intermediate markdown observations throughout the project and give more information in the introduction: project goal, problem background, general information on the website, dataset link.
  • A good practice is to be consistent with emphasizing in markdown: use bold or italic (avoiding using them together, i.e. bold+italic) only rarely, to make evident something important. Also, use bullet or numbered listing only when you have 2+ items to be listed.

Hope my suggestions were helpful. Good luck with your future projects!

1 Like

Hello @nazim86

I downloaded your project and I was comparing it with mine which is quite ‘particular’.

I must tell you that it has been one of the best things I have done, beacuse reading your code I learned many little things that from now on I will take into account. Things as simple as variable names, or the way to assign a tuple to a list (I got the same result but it was not such a clean way), or the way you filter url or not…

I don’t think I can contribute much more Elena has already told you (I think it’s great what She has told you and I apply to my self too) but I am very impressed how uploading works may help.

Thanks.

A&E

3 Likes

Hello @Elena_Kosourova,

Thank you for your comment. I will work on it on my future posts.

2 Likes

Hello @Edelberth,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad if I could help you.

1 Like